DALLAS, April 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE: TXN) today announced 16 recipients of the company's 2010 Supplier Excellence Award (SEA). The annual award recognizes outstanding service and support in areas including cost, environmental responsibility, technology responsiveness, assurance of supply and quality.
"Our suppliers play an important role in support of our business, and we expect them to deliver the highest levels of quality and performance," said Rob Simpson, vice president of Worldwide Procurement and Logistics at TI. "We congratulate the SEA winners for their accomplishments and continued commitment to help TI meet the needs of its customers and grow."
The 16 SEA recipients, selected from TI's worldwide supplier base of more than 12,000 companies, include:
- Accretech (Tokyo Seimitsu Co., Ltd) – Probe equipment
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. – Gas equipment and molecules
- Altos Design Automation Inc. – Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software
- Applied Materials, Inc. – Capital equipment, including equipment extractions
- Avis Rent a Car System, LLC – Car rentals
- Covalent Materials Corporation – Silicon wafers
- Elektro-Grassl GmbH – Electrical installations
- Kinpo Electronics, Inc. – Contract manufacturer
- MK Electron Co., Ltd. – Solder ball
- Nantong Fujitsu Microelectronic Co., Ltd. – Subcon A/T
- NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd. – FCBGA organic substrate
- Rokko Systems Pte Ltd – Saw singulation systems
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC) – Wafer foundry
- Specialty Optical Systems, Inc. – Lamps and general industrial products
- SUSS MicroTec – Coaters for wafer processing
- Toppan Printing Co., Ltd., Toppan Electronics Division – Photomasks
For the past 28 years TI has honored businesses that deliver superior service and support through the SEA program. The awards serve as a key vehicle for communicating standards and expectations to those supplying materials, equipment and services to TI.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated