WASHINGTON, Nov. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF), a national scholarship fund for American girls in high school and college, announced today their Board of Directors. The mission of the Board of Directors is to establish a strong leadership foundation for the young women 1DF serves through fundraising, mentoring programs, internship opportunities and more.
The Directors were recruited based on their impressive career achievements, community activism, unique perspectives and devotion to helping young women reach their full potential. The Board of Directors will be tasked with guiding the vision and mission of the 1,000 Dreams Fund and shaping key campaigns in 2017 and beyond. The 1DF most recently announced that the Board of Directors will take part in the first year-end fundraising campaign -- "#Fund1000Dreams" -- with a goal of raising $30,000 - 100% of which will go towards funding scholarships in 2017.
"We're overwhelmed by the level of experience we now have access to with our new Board of Directors," said Christie Garton, founder of the 1,000 Dreams Fund. "We have an exemplary leadership team and we couldn't be more excited about each of these appointments. We are very much looking forward to working with our Directors to expand the reach of the 1,000 Dreams Fund in the coming years."
The 1,000 Dreams Fund Board of Directors are:
- Diane Biegel, Owner, Biegel Fine Properties
- Yijing Bretano, VP, Corporate Strategy & Investor Relations, HARMAN International
- Stephanie Connolly, Executive Director, Time Inc. Corporate Marketing
- Mindy Fetterman, Senior Director, Palisades Media Ventures; Former Managing Editor/Content Strategy, USA TODAY
- Susan Miller, Principal, JSM Strategy Advisors
- Margaret Nathan, Partner and Co-Founder, Strategic Communication, Inc.
- Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel of NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- Hilary Pecheone, Director of Brand Development, New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.
- James K. Wicklund, Managing Director – Energy Research, CREDIT SUISSE LLC
- Maureen Desmond, Executive Sales Leader; Former VP Integrated Sales, USA TODAY
About the 1,000 Dreams Fund:
The 1,000 Dreams Fund (1DF) is a national scholarship fund for American girls in high school and college. The 1DF believes that big expenses should never stand in the way of big dreams. Since its launch in 2015, over $40,000 in funding has been granted to talented young women in need, helping them pay for the "extras" in school like study abroad, tech devices for the classroom and travel to conferences and seminars. 1DF has been featured in NBCNews.com, USA Today, MarketWatch, Forbes, Huffington Post, Chicago Tribune, Entrepreneur, TODAY, etc. To learn more about their work, visit http://1000dreamsfund.org/.
Media Contact: Michelle McQueen, 1-917-370-6016, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE 1,000 Dreams Fund