SAVANNAH, Ga., Aug. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Savannah Food & Wine Festival, presented by Publix will be celebrating its fifth anniversary, November 6 – 12, 2017. The festival has grown exponentially each year and now is the state of Georgia's second largest culinary and wine event. According to Savannah Food & Wine Festival President, Michael T. Owens, "The festival continues to bring exceptional culinary awareness to Savannah, with its unique Savannah charm and high-quality events. Events include local and celebrity chefs along with the country's leading winemakers and beverage experts. We continually improve upon our signature festival favorites as well as introduce one or two new events each year keeping festival programming fresh for our many repeat attendees – now coming to Savannah from all around the world."
This year the festival has created two new events: Sip & Shop Tanger Outlets and a Riverboat Wine Paired Luncheon Cruise – both of which will take place on Friday, November 10. The festival will announce its last special event in early August, which will be a pop-up dinner presented by Savannah Magazine, on November 11, featuring some of Savannah's best and emerging chefs.
Summer advance discounts on tickets for many of the festival's signature events are available now through August 31, 2017 at, Summer Advance Discount Tickets. The festival's preview events include the Bartenders Challenge Semi-Final Rounds, presented by Imbibe Magazine, September 9 and 10, 2017 at B Historic Savannah and Bistro Savoir Interactif which takes place at Savannah Technical College on October 12, 2017.
Tickets on Sale Now include:
- Premier Patron tickets – premier festival events, Tuesday, November 7 – Sunday, November 12
- Master Class Series – Tuesday, November 7 – Friday, November 10, Chef Darin's Kitchen Table and the Georgia State Railroad Museum
- Whisky at The Whitman, Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:30 – 9:30 pm, The Whitman Mansion
- James Beard Foundation, Celebrity Chef Tour dinner, Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 7 pm
- The Grand Reserve Tasting, Thursday, November 9, 5:30 – 7:30 pm, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa
- Secret Savannah Speakeasy, Thursday, November 9, 8 – 10 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- Riverboat Wine Paired Luncheon Cruise – Friday, November 10, 12 pm boarding; 1 – 2:30 pm Cruise
- River Street Stroll, Friday, November 10, 5:30 - 7:30 pm, Rousakis Plaza
- Q-Masters, Chefs + Vets, Friday, November 10, 8 – 10 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- Taste of Savannah, Saturday, November 11, 1 – 4 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- VIP Lounge at the Taste of Savannah, Saturday, November 11, 1 – 4 pm, Georgia State Railroad Museum
- Dinner in the Park, presented by Savannah Magazine, Saturday, November 11, 7 pm, Café at Forsyth Park
- Jazz & Bubbles Brunch, Sunday, November 12, 12:30 – 3:30 pm, The Westin Savannah Harbor
The Savannah Food & Wine Festival is a non-profit event, benefiting various Savannah charitable organizations and its own Coastal Hospitality Education Foundation (CHEF), providing educational scholarships for culinary and hospitality students in the Coastal Empire and the Lowcountry. The festival takes place throughout Savannah, November 6 - 12, 2017 with celebrity chefs and winemakers, connoisseur dinners, one-of-a-kind culinary, spirits and wine experiences. The most up to date festival information is available on the website at www.savannahfoodandwinefestival.com; Twitter: https://twitter.com/SAVFoodWineFest; Instagram: www.instagram.com/SAVFoodWineFest; Facebook: www.facebook.com/SavannahFoodandWineFestival
SOURCE Savannah Food & Wine Festival