WASHINGTON, Feb. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Advisory Board Company announced today that it will host the inaugural meeting of the Future of Health Care Summit on February 18, 2015, at The Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC.
The event will convene a broad range of stakeholders—including providers, employers, payers, policymakers, and retailers—who will explore the new health care purchasing landscape, particularly how public and private health insurance exchanges are establishing new retail markets for health care insurance coverage as well as clinical services.
"The Future of Health Care Summit will bring together more than 500 health care thought leaders from the business and policy communities to discuss the quickly evolving market for coverage and services," said Chas Roades, Chief Research Officer at The Advisory Board Company. "This event will provide a national forum to discuss the increasing role of consumers in the purchase and delivery of health care as well as what this shift means in terms of opportunity for providers, payers, employers—and perhaps most importantly—patients."
More than 60 health care CEOs and 120 other C-level executives have registered for the event. Summit speakers include:
- Patrick Conway, MD, Deputy Administrator for Innovation & Quality and Chief Medical Officer at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
- Karen DeSalvo, MD, National Coordinator for Health Information Technology and Acting Assistant Secretary for Health;
- Meena Seshamani, Director of the Health and Human Services Office of Health Reform;
- Alex Hurd, Senior Director, Product Development and Innovation, Payer Relations, Health and Wellness at Walmart;
- Alan London, MD, SVP, Health and Wellness Services and Solutions at Walgreens;
- Tom Moriarty, EVP, Chief Health Strategy Officer and General Counsel at CVS Health;
- Dean Carter, Chief Human Resources Officer at Sears Holdings Corporation;
- Robert Musslewhite, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at The Advisory Board Company;
- Mr. Roades;
- Karen Ignagni, President and CEO at America's Health Insurance Plans;
- Katie Mahoney, Executive Director, Health Policy at U.S. Chamber of Commerce;
- Scott Muns, Director, Sales Operations and Strategy at Cleveland Clinic;
- Molly Coye, MD, MPH, Chief Innovation Officer at UCLA Health;
- Diana Dooley, California Secretary of Health and Human Services; and
- Lisa Bielamowicz, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Director, Research and Insights at The Advisory Board Company.
In addition to the developments in the private sector, the Summit will also explore ACA exchange activities, including the early implications of the second open enrollment period that concludes just days before the event.
"The Summit will share actionable steps the industry can take in response to the emergence of a new retail insurance market and growth of retail shopping for care," said Dr. Bielamowicz. "To be successful, providers must compete at two points of sale: choice of insurance coverage and choice of care provider. First, to win the business of employers and individuals as they choose insurance coverage, providers must assemble a network that delivers the geographic coverage, care quality, scope of services, and low total cost of care. If they succeed, they must also offer care services with the convenient access, low prices, and customer service that patients, especially those with higher deductibles, are demanding. These marketplace shifts will reshape health care growth strategy, hospital partnerships, and clinical workforce needs."
The event at The Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC, has reached its seating capacity but a live, complimentary webcast will be available. The Summit's plenary sessions will be live-streamed on the Future of Health Care web site from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and from 1:45 pm to 4:30 pm EST.
The event follows on the success of the 2014 Care Innovation Summit, which drew more than 600 health care providers, executives, and policy experts for presentations by then-United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, Dr. Conway, Vice Chairman of Corporate and Investment Banking at Citigroup Peter Orszag, and many others.
About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company is the leading provider of insight-driven technology, research, and services for the health care and higher education industries. Through its innovative membership model, the company collaborates with more than 200,000 leaders at 4,500 member organizations to elevate performance and solve their most pressing problems. The company provides strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
SOURCE The Advisory Board Company