WASHINGTON, Oct. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Advisory Board Company announced today that it will convene more than 1,000 hospital and health system executives, health care experts, policymakers, and technology innovators in Washington, D.C. on October 28-29 to discuss how providers will use technology to improve America's care delivery, better manage population health, and finance their mission.
The company's technology summit, Amplify, will feature more than 100 sessions during the two-day event at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center.
Key topics that Amplify will explore include:
- Alternative payment models: A roundtable of current and former designers of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) alternative payment models exchanging views on the next phases of these CMS initiatives;
- Patients assuming more financial responsibility for care: New data on how health systems are working with patients to help them understand their increasing financial responsibility for their health care;
- Decreasing care variability: Research and case studies on how health systems are reducing care variation to compete on consistent clinical performance and patient experience;
- Interoperability: Executives from leading electronic health records vendors discussing interoperability, the roles of public- and private-sector efforts in its pursuit, and ideas for creating more powerful coordination; and
- Ensuring patient care remains in network: Executives from a leading health system sharing how they are leveraging technology to deliver better-coordinated care and ensure patients stay within the care network, which is especially important with providers taking on more risk in models such as accountable care organizations.
"Amplify will provide health system executives practical guidance from their peers and strategic insights from policymakers on care transformation in response to ongoing industry disruption," said Lisa Bielamowicz, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Director, Research and Insights at The Advisory Board Company. "Amplify will address providers' role in the new era of competitiveness and regulation, including engaging consumers in the emerging retail marketplace and bending the cost curve in population health management."
Amplify speakers include:
- DJ Patil, U.S. Chief Data Scientist, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Stephen Cha, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services and Acting Director, State Innovations Group, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation;
- Karen Fisher, Senior Health Counsel, Senate Finance Committee;
- Kavita Patel, MD, Managing Director of Clinical Transformation, Center for Health Policy, The Brookings Institution;
- Aneesh Chopra, former U.S. Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President, Hunch Analytics;
- David F. Bradshaw, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Memorial Hermann Health System;
- Michael Hein, MD, President and CEO, The Regional Provider Network, LLC;
- John Hensing, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Banner Health;
- Dan Liljenquist, Director of Special Projects, Intermountain Healthcare;
- Mark Norby, Chair, Revenue Cycle, Mayo Clinic;
- Micky Tripathi, President and CEO, Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative;
- Doran Robinson, Vice President of Healthcare Transactions, athenahealth;
- Eric Helsher, Vice President of Client Success, Epic; and
- Robert Musslewhite, Chairman and CEO, The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company is presenting Amplify for members of its Performance Technologies programs.
About The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company is the leading provider of insight-driven technology, research, and services for organizations in transforming industries. Through its innovative membership model, the Company collaborates with more than 230,000 leaders at 5,200 member organizations to elevate performance and solve their most pressing problems. The Company provides strategic guidance, actionable insights, cloud-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
SOURCE The Advisory Board Company