NEW YORK, Dec. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Kennel Club (AKC®) is pleased to announce the launch of AKC Marketplace with enhanced form and functionality to better serve responsible breeders with the opportunity to promote themselves directly to potential dog owners.
Through interactive profile pages, unlimited listings and a user-friendly experience, AKC Marketplace helps breeders get in front of more dog owners, showcase all they do for their dogs and find good homes for their puppies.
Improvements to AKC Marketplace include:
- New homepage with better functionality.
- Advanced searching and filtering capability.
- Easy access to Parent Club and breed standard information for each breed.
- Enhanced breeder profile pages to include litter, health and vaccination information.
- Addition of unlimited photo and video galleries for breeders to showcase their puppies.
- Easy access to "How To Pick A Puppy" Handbook.
"The enhanced AKC Marketplace will allow breeders to engage with potential dog owners, share their knowledge of their breed and ultimately help people find the right breed for their lifestyle," said Dennis Sprung, President and CEO, AKC. "Our team has worked diligently to make the necessary improvements to make this the best place possible for breeders to showcase their litters. In 2016, staff will fulfill my vision of expanding the platform to include groomers, veterinarians, dog sitters and other dog-related service providers."
Breeders that sign up for AKC Marketplace receive:
- A dedicated profile page with the ability to host video, images and more. Breeders who are involved in AKC recognition programs, such as Breeder of Merit and Bred with H.E.A.R.T., will automatically have that distinction on their profile.
- A trusted AKC.org vanity URL to share when dealing with potential buyers
- Unlimited litter listings to showcase available puppies.
- Profile page analytics, technical assistance and customer service support
Breeders can have unlimited use of AKC Marketplace for $99/year or have the option to sign up for the $10/month plan (which has a $20 one-time sign-up fee) at www.marketplace.akc.org.
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a not-for-profit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred dogs are held under AKC rules and regulations each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and earthdog tests. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all associated marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
SOURCE American Kennel Club