MINNEAPOLIS, June 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Amidst the monuments and museums exists a vibrant culinary scene in the nation's capital – an ideal backdrop for a three-day intensive training event for chefs and catering professionals. The Art of Catering Food 2016, presented by Catersource and the International Caterers Association (ICA), will take place in Washington, DC August 15-17. For more information and to register, visit artofcateringfood.com.
Washington, DC provides no shortage of inspiration for those in the catering and food industry business. Host to diplomats and travellers from around the world, the city boasts an eclectic mix of dining options inspired by international cuisine. Inventive chefs have introduced a new wave of options – casual restaurants serving locally sourced ingredients and trendy craft cocktail bars complement the city's classic institutions.
"As The Art of Catering Food makes its debut in a new foodie city each year, the nation's capital seemed like a great fit. While our conference's unique culinary classes will help chefs, cooks and owners discover new menu ideas and pricing strategies, the city is full of exemplary restaurants and venues for attendees to explore after hours," said Ron Bigley, Catersource Brand Director.
Go Behind the Scenes – Catering Facility Tours
Beyond its more than 20 classroom training sessions, The Art of Catering Food will host optional tours of local catering kitchens for a behind the scenes look into some of the region's most state-of-the-art facilities.
- Option 1: Visit two caterers in nearby Landover, Maryland and DC's Brookland neighborhood.
- Susan Gage Caterers: Visit the 32,000 square foot facility, which includes a full commercial kitchen, sales offices, warehouse, and a fleet of vehicles. Susan Gage Caterers serves more than 2,500 parties yearly, generating $14 million in annual sales.
- Occasions Caterers: Recognized as the nation's first Certified Green Restaurant Caterer, Occasions is dedicated to initiatives such as using sustainable and locally sourced ingredients.
- Option 2: Learn about the in-house catering operations at a landmark within walking distance of the White House, plus a catering team based in Vienna, VA.
- Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center: Explore the largest structure in Washington, DC, and the first and only federal building dedicated to both government and private use. It has full event and conference capabilities, including an award-winning, in-house catering and culinary team.
- Purple Onion Catering: This full-service team designs and caters a wide range of corporate events, weddings and private parties. They're known for creating memorable and personal experiences for their clients, while using the highest quality ingredients.
- Option 3: Enjoy the summer air on a one-of-a-kind guided walking tour of Washington, DC. Tour selections include culinary and cultural highlights throughout the city, such as diverse foodie neighborhoods, and cultural landmarks.
Capitol Fare: An Exclusive Evening Event
Engage with culinarians from across the country at an exclusive party showcasing the local flavors and flare of the nation's capital. Produced by local Occasions Caterers, the event will take place at Dock Five, an industrial chic warehouse connected to Union Market. You'll enjoy fresh seafood and interactive chef stations while gaining presentation ideas to implement in your own events. See lifelike displays of national monuments, an interactive Ferris wheel, and more patriotic features.
Stay in the Heart of the Nation's Capital
All conference education sessions will take place downtown. Situated close to both historical landmarks and trendy hotspots, the conference venue – the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel – is just steps from some of the city's most famous attractions. You'll be just moments from the White House, Chinatown, the National Portrait Gallery, and much more. To book your stay at the discounted conference rate, visit artofcateringfood.com/useful-information.
To see the full education schedule and learn more about The Art of Catering Food, visit: schedule.artofcateringfood.com/list
Apply for a Media Pass: Please email CatersourcePR@ubm.com with your request and credentials
Catersource is the world's premier resource dedicated to the education and growth of catering and event professionals. Catersource provides the most expansive network relevant to the catering and events business, producing in-depth educational offerings at the largest industry conference and tradeshow. Catersource magazine, an award-winning B2B resource for industry professionals who are passionate about their businesses, is published seven times a year and provides rich editorial content online. For more information, visit catersource.com. Catersource is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communications services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
The International Caterers Association (ICA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing education, mentoring and resources for professional caterers and promoting the profession of catering to clients, industry members, vendors, and the public. The membership is comprised of both off-premise and on-premise caterers from around the globe. The ICA is governed by a Board of Directors respected by the industry and dedicated to giving back to the profession. The ICA is the premier association dedicated to educating and raising a level of awareness about the catering industry. Membership in the ICA will enhance your professionalism and garner respect from your clients. Join the ICA today and begin to reap the benefits that the ICA offers your company. For more information, visit the International Caterers Association.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-art-of-catering-food-2016-invites-chefs--food-industry-professionals-to-harness-culinary-inspiration-in-the-nations-capital-this-august-300292004.html