WELLINGTON, Fla., Oct. 16, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bainbridge Companies (Bainbridge), a leading owner, developer and manager of luxury multifamily communities in the eastern U.S., today announced a series of new hires and promotions to its executive team as company aims to expand its portfolio in the Mid-Atlantic region, including south Florida, the D.C. metro area, the Carolinas, New York and Atlanta.
The personnel moves come as Bainbridge is experiencing significant growth. Earlier this year, Bainbridge was included in the National Multifamily Housing Council's (NMHC) 2018 Top 25 Developers list. Bainbridge placed No. 16 on the list, which is an annual ranking of the largest apartment developers in the U.S. The company finished No. 20 on the 2017 list.
Pivotal new hires to the executive team include: Christopher Phillips, Chief Financial Officer; Heidi Jehlicka, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Employee Development; Mark Stewart, Senior Vice President and Chief Investment Officer; Travis Beane, Financial Analyst; and Jeffrey Smith, Recruiting Manager.
Key internal promotions include: Brian Doppelt, Senior Vice President and General Counsel; Jake Wright, Senior Vice President of Finance and Investments; David Nimitz, Vice President of Finance and Investments; and Jennifer Henderson, Vice President, Team Development.
"The last two years have been significant for The Bainbridge Companies as we eclipse the 23,000-unit mark and made significant moves to further solidify our development, operational and construction processes," said Kevin Keane, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Bainbridge. "We project significant growth in the next five years and believe the recent additions and promotions within our executive staff will further help the company thrive and bring best-in-class luxury communities to apartment residents along the East Coast."
The New Bainbridge executive team roles and responsibilities include:
- Phillips, former Chief Financial Officer with Kayne Anderson Real Estate Funds, will oversee financial reporting, business planning and analysis, and financial and operational strategies as Bainbridge continues to widen its footprint along the East Coast. He also will coordinate debt and equity financing, in addition to further financial aspects of the development, acquisition and disposition of communities. He will be part of the Bainbridge Investment Committee.
- In her role, Jehlicka will oversee the strategic planning and execution of marketing and branding at the corporate and community levels, in addition to the company's training and team development initiatives. Her efforts are designed to strengthen Bainbridge's reputation for providing communities that deliver best-in-class, resort-style living experiences to residents. Previously, she served as Director of Marketing and Revenue Management for Advenir Living where she gained expertise in brand development, standards implementation, market analysis and online marketing.
- Stewart joins Bainbridge from Alliance Residential Company. He will be responsible for transaction underwriting, capitalization and execution, and he also is a member of Bainbridge's Investment Committee. He will play a vital role in continuing Bainbridge's exceptional growth.
- As Financial Analyst and a key member of the capital markets for Bainbridge, Beane will further help guide strategic portfolio growth by analyzing market conditions to identify key development and economic trends in the firm's target regions. He has extensive experience in loan origination, underwriting, loan sizing and equity acquisition. Previously, Beane was an Assistant Vice President for Situs.
- Smith comes to Bainbridge from Gables Residential and with vast experience of the ins and outs of the operational side of property management. He will be responsible for recruiting top-notch talent who will exceed resident expectations of a luxury apartment community on-site team.
- Doppelt has been with Bainbridge since 2015 and was previously Vice President for Capital Markets and Legal Affairs, as well as the company's in-house corporate counsel. Doppelt will continue to be responsible for managing the national legal affairs of Bainbridge and its affiliates.
- In his 12 years with Bainbridge, Wright has been an integral part of the underwriting, capitalization and execution of more than $3.7 billion in transactions, representing more than 20,000 apartment homes. He will continue to expand his role in the company's acquisitions, ground-up developments and dispositions. Wright was previously Vice President of Investments and Finance.
- Nimitz joined Bainbridge in May 2015 and oversees all analyses for acquisitions, ground-up developments, asset management and dispositions. Moving forward, Nimitz will expand his role into transaction capitalization and execution while continuing to be a vital part of the transaction underwriting process. He previously was an Associate in the Investments and Finance department.
- As new Vice President, Team Development, Henderson will expand her role and work more closely with the training, marketing and operation departments to build bench strength across all verticals of the Bainbridge company.
About The Bainbridge Companies, LLC
The Bainbridge Companies is a leading owner, developer and manager of luxury multifamily apartment communities in the Eastern United States. Founded in 1997, Bainbridge is a fully integrated family of real estate companies engaged in the development, construction, management and acquisition of residential and commercial real estate. Bainbridge is headquartered in Wellington, FL, and Bethesda, MD, with regional offices in Raleigh, NC, Orlando, FL, Atlanta, GA, and New York City. Our team consists of over 600 passionate professionals across our offices and portfolio.
SOURCE The Bainbridge Companies