BURBANK, Calif., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- This coming holiday season, the sixth highest-grossing worldwide film of all time, Tim Burton's epic fantasy adventure ALICE IN WONDERLAND, will be the biggest film to ever release on the all-new Blu-ray 3D™ platform for the home in an all-new 4-Disc Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray™ + DVD + Digital Copy) by The Walt Disney Studios on December 7, 2010.
3-D 'Alice in Wonderland' sparkles with magic, splendor - USA TODAY
Specially packaged with family and fans in mind, Disney's all-new ALICE IN WONDERLAND 4-Disc Combo Pack not only continues to provide viewers with the highest quality of home entertainment technology (pristine 1080p picture, superior Dolby Digital 5.1 HD surround sound), hours of extra cool bonus features, and the ability to enjoy their movie on multiple platforms of choice, but it also offers viewers the opportunity to enjoy a more immersive and lifelike 3D experience - to the same magical and imaginative story - from the comfort of their own living room couch.
The visual palette is more artfully riotous than that of other Alice films, the performances more zestful. – TIME
Additionally, the hours of extra cool bonus features, packaged within the DVD and standard Blu-ray Disc, will take viewers deeper into the famous "Rabbit Hole" - exploring more of the world of Wonderland, its iconic characters and the making of the film. Features include the making of the Futterwacken Dance, a look inside the world of the Mad Hatter and Johnny Depp's transformation, Tim Burton's vision for the movie and its characters, the visual effects of growing and shrinking of Alice, costume designs, music, stunts and more.
The suggested retail price for ALICE IN WONDERLAND 4-Disc Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) is $49.99 (US)/$56.99 (Canada).
Tumble down the rabbit hole with Alice for a fantastical new adventure from Walt Disney Pictures and Tim Burton. Inviting and magical, ALICE IN WONDERLAND is an imaginative new twist on some of the most beloved stories of all time. Alice (Mia Wasikowska), now 19 years old, returns to the whimsical world she first entered as a child and embarks on a journey to discover her true destiny. Wonderland is a world beyond your imagination and unlike anything you've seen before. The extraordinary characters you've loved come to life richer and more colorful than ever. There's the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp), the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter), the White Rabbit (Michael Sheen) and more. A triumphant cinematic experience – ALICE IN WONDERLAND is an incredible feast for your eyes, ears and heart that will captivate audiences of all sizes.
The film's opening weekend was record-breaking as ALICE IN WONDERLAND achieved the highest-grossing non-sequel opening weekend in history, the biggest March opening of all time, the biggest 3D opening of all time and the biggest IMAX opening of all time. To date, ALICE IN WONDERLAND is the 6th highest-grossing worldwide film of all time and the #3 highest film release for The Walt Disney Studios.
- Finding Alice – It's all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton's vision for the characters, differences from the book and Disney's version of Alice and how she evolves as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter – Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp's early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland – A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used to create some of the most beloved characters in the film – Stayne, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
Everything on the DVD plus:
- The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance called the Futterwacken.
- The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in just a few short minutes.
- The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland's good queen, about her character's journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for the movie.
- Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
- Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the storyline.
- Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to "Cake Divas" where the creators of the EAT ME cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the largest cake in scale.
- Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together visually.
*** The Blu-ray 3D Disc does not include bonus materials
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For more than 85 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under four banners: Walt Disney Pictures, which includes Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Touchstone Pictures and Marvel. Through the Home Entertainment division, innovative distribution methods provide access to creative content across multiple platforms. Original music and motion picture soundtracks are produced under Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records, while Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Broadway theatrical productions, Disney on Ice and Disney LIVE!. For more information, please visit www.disney.com.
These press materials are available in electronic form at www.WDSHEpublicity.com
SOURCE The Walt Disney Studios