HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., March 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Craftsman® brand is introducing an innovative lineup of new lawn and garden equipment designed to help homeowners tackle a variety of lawn maintenance tasks – from lawn mowing to hedge trimming.
"From heavy-duty steel frames to outstanding cutting performance, we provide our customers with product solutions to help them achieve the lawn of their dreams and one that they can be proud of," said Vishak Sankaran, vice president/general manager, Craftsman and DieHard brands at Sears Holdings. "The new 2015 Craftsman® Pro Series line of Riding Mowers is just one example of this commitment to our customers."
With more than 80 categories and 6,000 products, the Craftsman brand's newest lawn and garden products include Pro Series Riding Mowers with Turn Tight® Extreme Technology, Pro Series Zero Turn Riding Mowers and an upgraded 40 Volt Cordless platform to provide more options.
New Riding Mowers for Spring
The new line of Craftsman Pro Series Riding Mowers are ideal for homeowners who have lawns with tall grass or hilly, uneven terrain. The riding mowers come in 42-, 46- and 54-in. reinforced steel deck options to provide strength and durability, and the spring assisted lift system and heavy gauge brackets are built for stability on uneven surfaces. Importantly, all riding mowers come equipped with a V-Twin Kohler® 7000 Elite Engine, which allows the user to reach speeds of up to 5.5 MPH. Pro Series Riding Mowers range from $1,999.99 to $3,499.99.
For larger lawn care needs, the Craftsman Pro Series Zero Turn Riding Mowers offer a new solution. Reaching speeds of up to 8 MPH, users can cut large lawns quickly without sacrificing maneuverability, thanks to a zero-in. turning radius. Fabricated steel deck options are available in 48-, 54- and 60-in. sizes, to provide strength and durability. Pro Series Zero Turn Riding Mowers are available now and range from $3,799.99 to $4,999.99.
Upgraded Cordless Collection
The Craftsman brand is reintroducing its most powerful battery powered lawn and garden platform. The upgraded 40 Volt cordless collection is powered by a 40 Volt MAX lithium-ion battery for a long runtime and includes a state of charge indicator so the user won't lose power in the middle of a job. The following tools are now available:
- 40 Volt 12-in. Cordless Chainsaw (071-98023) retails for $179.99 and comes equipped with tool-free chain tensioning, allowing for easier chain adjustment to attain the best cutting performance.
- 40 Volt Cordless Push Mower (071-98820) retails for $399.99 and features two 2.5 amp-hour 40 Volt MAX lithium-ion batteries for long runtime, ideal for small to medium yards and a great value.
- 40 Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer (071-98022) retails for $149.99 and features a 24-in. dual-action blade with 3/4-in. cutting capability – achieving the largest blade gap of any Craftsman cordless hedge trimmer.
- 40 Volt Cordless Line Trimmer (071-98020) retails for $149.99 and gives the user the ability to easily and quickly trim edges and weeds in areas with obstacles or near irregular terrain. Features a 13-in. cutting swath to efficiently cover more ground and finish the job in less time.
- 40 Volt Cordless Sweeper (071-98021) retails for $149.99 and offers speed control, which allows the user to choose between six speed settings for optimal power or runtime. The sweeper has an air speed of up to 120 MPH and 90 CFM.
To receive exclusive Craftsman deals, gain access to members-only projects, get expert tips and learn about the latest tool innovations from the brand, don't forget to sign up for Craftsman Club, supported by SHOP YOUR WAY™. Shop Your Way points can be redeemed for purchases at Sears and Kmart.
The Craftsman brand is America's most trusted tool brand. For 87 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative tools and products, earning a reputation for unsurpassed quality and durability, trusted for generations. The Craftsman brand offers a full range of hand and power tools that meet the needs of the DIY user to the demanding professional. In addition, the Craftsman brand also offers lawn and garden products and tool storage.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer focused on seamlessly connecting the digital and physical shopping experiences to serve our members - wherever, whenever and however they want to shop. Sears Holdings is home to Shop Your Way®, a social shopping platform offering members rewards for shopping at Sears and Kmart as well as with other retail partners across categories important to them. The Company operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation, with full-line and specialty retail stores across the United States. For more information, visit www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation