MIRAMAR, Fla., Oct. 26 /PRNewswire/ -- Imagine a day when you could enjoy your favorite foods in a healthier way. The day has arrived. Today the George Foreman® Brand announced the national launch of the George Foreman Healthy Cooking product line, including grills, smart multi-cookers, skillets, panini press, and ovens. The new products reinforce the brand's founding commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, click:
The promotion of healthy living is a national call to action. The most recent government data indicates that roughly two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight.* The George Foreman® brand has spent the last two decades dedicated to providing practical solutions that help people cook healthier so that they can lead improved lives. The products in the new George Foreman® Healthy Cooking line are designed to offer solutions to overcome common barriers to eating healthy foods, among them making healthy eating simple, convenient and appetizing.
"It's no longer just George Foreman®, America's Favorite Grill, it's now George Foreman® Healthy Cooking," said Carmen E. Garcia, Senior Director of Marketing. "George Foreman's indoor grills revolutionized the industry in the early 1990's. We are building on our commitment to develop versatile cooking products that help consumers cook what they love, only healthier."
The George Foreman® Healthy Cooking Line comprises six new products designed for the everyday home cook. The products are not only healthy by design, they are also convenient and versatile, with features that make them easy to use, easy to clean and easy to store. Products in the new line include:
- The Evolve™ Grill - equipped with four removable George Tough™ non-stick plates to grill, bake and even make mini-burgers. Consumers can customize the grill by purchasing additional plates for making waffles, omelets, muffins and more.
- The SkilLite™ Searing Skillet - an electric skillet that cooks oil-free and moves fat and grease away from food with a unique fat-separating grease channel.
- Panini Press and Open Grill/Griddle - a 3-in-1 appliance that provides endless varieties of healthy cooking options. Consumers can cook 2 full-size paninis or, with the press of one button, open it up to double the cooking surface as an Open Grill/Griddle.
- The Smart Kitchen™ - a multi-cooker that can cook rice, steam vegetables, sear and cook meat, make stews, warm sauces and more. It also includes a "Sear" button for meats, making it even easier to prepare a healthy meal in minutes.
- Infrared Countertop Oven - allows users to bake, broil, quickly prepare frozen meals, reheat, toast, or simply keep food warm. The infrared cooking technology prepares meals up to 30 percent faster than conventional ovens.
About George Foreman®
The George Foreman® brand is dedicated to providing practical solutions to eating healthier in your daily life. From a legendary athlete's fight for better health, the George Foreman® brand was born as the answer to making everyday foods healthier, leaner and better-tasting – in less time than it takes to prepare and cook them using conventional methods.
Our commitment is to developing innovative cooking products that help consumers create nutritious, great-tasting food that pleases the palate and promotes healthy living. From our flagship line of contact grills – a household appliance born under the George Foreman® name – to our exciting new line of Healthy Cooking products, George Foreman® is striving everyday to make healthy eating fast, convenient and fun for your whole family.
The George Foreman® brand is owned by Russell Hobbs, Inc., a leading marketer and distributor of a broad range of branded small kitchen and home appliances. Russell Hobbs has a broad portfolio of well recognized brand names, including Black & Decker®, George Foreman®, Russell Hobbs®, Juiceman®, Breadman®, Toastmaster®, and Farberware®.
Russell Hobbs, Inc., is a subsidiary of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB), a $3 billion global consumer products company with a portfolio of widely trusted, market-leading brands. Spectrum Brands' products are sold by the world's top 25 retailers and are available in more than one million stores in more than 120 countries around the world.
For detailed product information, high-res images, videos and recipes please visit: http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/pressroom/EPK/.
The George Foreman Healthy Cooking line is available at major retailers including Walmart, Kohl's, Target and Amazon, and at www.georgeforemancooking.com.
*National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2003-2006 and 2007-2008.
SOURCE George Foreman(R) Healthy Cooking