SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 18 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
"Linux Foundation members, such as the 18 great organizations we announce today, are crucial to helping us support sustainable open source projects that are advancing technology and changing the world," said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. "I'm happy to welcome all our new members, and look forward to seeing them collaborate further with the open source community."
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects such as Automotive Grade Linux (AGL), Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), EdgeX Foundry, Hyperledger Project and Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP). For a full list of members, visit https://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- Bloomberg is a global business and financial information powerhouse which uses innovative technology to deliver real-time data, news, and analytics to influential decision makers across business, finance, government, policy and philanthropy.
- Brison develops in-vehicle infotainment platforms supporting connectivity to "brought-in" devices.
- BTS - Business Telecommunications Services is a leading worldwide wholesale and retail telecom carrier with over 20 years in the telecom industry.
- Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
- Dash enables users to make instant, private payments online or in-store using a secure open-source platform hosted by thousands of users around the world.
- FOSSID detects open source in code bases even if it is not declared in package manifests.
- Ghostcloud is the biggest CaaS (container as a service) platform in the southwest of China, committed to helping enterprises transform from traditional IT to cloud native.
- GitLab is the leading self-hosted Git repository management tool, offering an integrated source code management, code review, test/release automation, and application monitoring platform that accelerates and simplifies the software development process into a seamless, iterative conversation.
- inwinSTACK is a leading Taiwanese Kubernetes contributor and solution provider, delivering open source container services to IT organizations across industries.
- Lear Corporation is a leading global supplier of automotive seating systems and electrical systems.
- Luxoft is a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions to a global client base.
- NETSIA is an applied research organization specializing in 5G technologies.
- Netsil provides observability and monitoring for cloud native applications – enabling real-time visibility into the health and performance of applications, without any code instrumentation.
- Open Space Network Foundation is a collaborative commons decentralized autonomous organization.
- RackN was founded by leading cloud innovators to solve the complexities and challenges in orchestration, automation and scale for enterprise Hybrid IT infrastructure.
- SafeRide Cyber Security provides fully comprehensive protection against cyber-attacks by detecting potential system vulnerabilities and taking proactive steps to eliminate weakness and shield against risk.
- Vodafone is one of the world's leading telecommunications groups.
- Wipro Limited is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company that harnesses the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world's top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found at www.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page:https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The Linux Foundation
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-linux-foundation-announces-18-new-silver-members-300511498.html
SOURCE The Linux Foundation