LOS ANGELES, Dec. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Los Angeles' business community is invited to celebrate the power of women entrepreneurs and the impact of leadership by attending the installation of the 2015-16 board members of the National Association of Women Business Owners, Los Angeles Chapter (NAWBO-LA). Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, President of the Berkhemer Clayton, Inc., Retained Executive Search and Past President of NAWBO-LA and current Corporate Partners Chair for NAWBO-California will swear in the new NAWBO-LA board.
The installation will commence at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 3, 2015 at the Orthopaedic Institute for Children, in the Andrew Norman Hall, located at 403 West Adams Boulevard in Los Angeles, California.
NAWBO-LA – the region's leading women's business organization – attracts a group of dynamic women entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds who are leaders in their respective fields to help the organization inspire and empower women business owners in the economic, political and social spheres of leadership.
"This NAWBO-LA Board of Directors will continue to establish our organization as the organization of choice for women business owners and as the partner of choice for corporations and community organizations," said NAWBO-LA Immediate Past President Carmen Rad.
Incoming President Hilary Lentini shared, "Our new board members represent the diversity of the local business community and have achieved a level of success that is notable. Many are long-time NAWBO-LA members having benefitted from the organization in terms of connections, success, and friendships, and see their board service as an opportunity to give back." She added, "I am delighted to note that our board has expanded in size and committee depth, which will allow NAWBO-LA to broaden its community and messaging and therefore reach many more women entrepreneurs who need to know about us."
The new NAWBO-LA Board of Directors includes:
- Ann D'Amato, vice president public policy (3D Networks Corp., in Los Angeles)
- Margaret Brown, marketing, communications chair (SocializeLA.com, in Pasadena)
- Katherine Chrisman, vice president membership (ViVi Jewelry, in Los Angeles)
- Beverly Cole, vice president corporate and economic development (BCVC Guru, in Glendale)
- Claire Friday, programming, networking chair (Friday Artists Management, Inc., in Los Angeles)
- Allison Gutierrez, membership, recruitment chair (Jack Nadel International, in Los Angeles)
- Tiffany Jones, vice president communications (Tiffany Jones Coaching, in El Segundo)
- Hilary Lentini, president (Lentini Design & Marketing, Inc. in Los Angeles)
- Cynthia Lopell, programming, luncheon/gala chair (CL22 Designs & Productions, Inc., in Los Angeles)
- Debbie E. Lumpkin, vice president programming (Laissez Style, in Pasadena)
- Anna Menedjian, membership, community outreach chair (Menedjian & Associates, LLC, Toluca Lake, CA)
- Sherry Wallen, treasurer (Strategic Direction, Inc., in Encino)
Continuing Directors are:
- Jennifer Freund, secretary (Corporate ImpressionsLA, Inc., in North Hollywood)
- Alev Lewis, director (Acacia Wealth Advisors, in Beverly Hills)
- Carmen Rad, immediate past president (CR&A Custom, Inc., in Los Angeles)
- Nita Song, director (IW Group, Inc., in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York)
The NAWBO-LA Foundation Board of Directors includes:
- Madelyn Alfano, president NAWBO-LA Foundation (Maria's Italian Kitchen in Van Nuys)
- Sandra Burns, foundation director (Ernst & Young, global presence)
- Katie Carano, foundation director (Bank of America, national presence)
- Mary R. Platt, CTP, foundation director (Union Bank, national presence)
- Jane Skeeter, foundation director (UltraGlas, Inc. in Chatsworth)
"I'm honored to lead this impressive organization as we continue to strengthen our relationships in the women's entrepreneurial community and as we move toward a bright future that goes above and beyond each one of us as individuals," Lentini added.
Event sponsors are Bank of America Merrill Lynch, AEG, and Honda.
Event registration and sponsorship information is available at
Founded in 1979, NAWBO-Los Angeles is one of the largest and fastest-growing chapters of the National Association of Women Business Owners. NAWBO-LA strives to empower and enable women entrepreneurs into economic, political and social spheres of leadership. Representing more than 335,000 women-owned businesses in Los Angeles and Long Beach, employing more than 700,000 people, and generating more than $113 billion in annual revenues, NAWBO-LA members have become an increasingly active and powerful force shaping the economic and political landscape of Southern California. For more information about NAWBO-LA, please visit www.nawbola.org, e-mail email@example.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-los-angeles-chapter-of-the-national-association-of-women-business-owners-celebrates-its-new-board-of-directors-300186704.html