NEW YORK, June 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Using social media is an affordable option for small businesses that are looking to productively engage with their audience and generate buzz for their products and services. However, staying informed about changes to existing platforms presents a serious challenge to marketing professionals as even the savviest of Facebook users might be unaware of new features that could benefit their efforts.
CEO and founder of Author Marketing Experts Penny Sansevieri understands this unique challenge, and in her latest article posted to PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit, discusses various ways to harvest the power of Facebook.
- Facebook ads. With its endless choices, the Facebook dashboard can be daunting for first time users. Sansevieri suggests focusing your efforts on "boosted posts" and "ads with a specific call to action."
- Boosted posts: This cost effective option is usually the go-to because of its low cost and ease of use. For a nominal fee you can boost posts that your audience is already engaged with and limit the exposure to your targeted demographic.
- Ads: Consider driving your audience to a blog post that contains a great call to action such as a newsletter sign-up. To be effective use casual language in the ad with an eye-catching image. Both of these can help to engage your existing fans and also build up a new following.
- Facebook posts. To optimize your facebook posts without spending any money consider the following:
- Posting times. Identify the specific time slot from your posts that have the highest levels of engagement. If you uncover a trend, Sansevieri suggests you continue to post during those times.
To learn more about how you can make Facebook a valuable marketing tool in 2016, read the complete post here: http://bit.ly/28q1dUq.
PR Newswire's Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content -- from rich media to online video to multimedia -- and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world's largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world's enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Director, Strategic Channels
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-power-of-facebook-tips-on-how-to-use-facebook-for-your-small-business-300283077.html
SOURCE PR Newswire Association LLC