BERLIN, May 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- BOSCH CONNECTEDWORLD 2019 -- The Trusted IoT Alliance (TIoTA), an ecosystem of more than 50 organizations working together to build open source trusted systems for IoT with blockchain and related technologies, today announced its Smart Construction Challenge participants along with the lineup of Challenge-related activities for Bosch ConnectedWorld 2019, to be held this week in Berlin.
In the Smart Construction Challenge, design and implementation organizations are competing globally on challenges with real-world customer requirements. The focus of the Challenge is to advance real-world validation of Smart Construction applications and solutions in the Industrial Internet, and to bring together cloud, edge, fog and IoT technologies. TIoTA has the following Smart Construction events planned for the week:
- Participation in the Hackathon and related activities at BCX19 on Tuesday May 14.
- A Smart Construction keynote address, discussion panel and presentation of the Challenge awards by Alexy Khrabrov, Chief Community Officer of TIoTA. The activities will take place on Wednesday May 15 at 1:15pm on the Lab Stage.
- A Smart Construction area on the BCW exhibit floor on May 15 and 16, showcasing cutting-edge IoT solutions of Challenge participants and ecosystem partners.
- The events will be chronicled on the Challenge Wall page, using #tiotachallenges.
The following organizations are competing in the Challenge:
- Blocks Wearables: Real-time contextual progress and safety tracking for the smart connected workforce.
- COMAN Software GmbH: Project management software enabling general contractors and OEM to have full control over their worldwide construction sites.
- Contilio: 3D vision and data analytics providing real-time insights for big construction projects.
- Corrux: Maximizing the efficiency of industrial equipment via real-time access to operational information.
- EAVE, Bosch and Züblin: Facing the invisible hearing hazard of working with noise.
- Fairfleet GmbH: Flying drones, capturing data and analyzing information for the construction industry.
- HoloBuilder, Inc. and Bosch: 360-degree reality imagery data of construction sites.
- HUM-ID GmbH: Detecting moisture and stagnant water via RFID-sensors at an early stage.
- Moeco: Full construction cycle monitoring.
Smart Construction Challenge Ecosystem
MachNation, a global independent IoT research and benchmarking firm is co-producing the Challenge. The Industrial Internet Consortium, which was founded to accelerate the development of Industrial IoT and commercialize tested solutions, is a Challenge Supporter. The ecosystem for this challenge includes the following Construction Industry Partners:
- Züblin, a construction company that will provide use cases and requirement definitions, as well as access to a real-world construction project/construction site for the pilots.
- Bosch, whose internal construction unit will support user feedback and will potentially deliver a construction site for the pilot projects.
- TÜV SÜD, a Technical Inspection Association which provides inspection and product certification services, will be supporting the Challenge through its Real Estate and Infrastructure division, which supports customers with planning, construction, operations and acquisition, as well as sales of properties.
- Liebherr: Liebherr is a large equipment manufacturer that will provide requirements from the equipment manufacturer perspective, as well as test equipment for field trials.
Technology Partners include:
- Autodesk, a leading supplier of IT solutions for Building Information Model (BIM) management.
- HERE, the global leading location-based services platform, which includes (indoor) map, positioning and tracking technologies to bring the location and (dynamic) location context.
- Ottobock, an enabling technology sponsor, providing the Smart Worker Exoskeleton.
- Qtum, a platform designed to simplify the use of smart contracts for inter-business and institutional operations.
MachNation is the only firm exclusively dedicated to testing and researching Internet of Things (IoT) platforms, middleware, and services. MachNation owns and runs MachNation IoT Test Environment (MIT-E), the industry's only independent, hands-on, benchmarking lab for IoT platforms. MachNation specializes in understanding and predicting IoT technologies including their impact on digitization, hardware, communication services, applications and support tools. MachNation participates in many of the world's most exclusive IoT events and contributes regularly to leading IoT and business press. For more information, please visit https://www.machnation.com.
TIoTA is a result of the collaboration amongst passionate technologists working to leverage blockchain infrastructure to secure and scale IoT ecosystems. TIoTA seeks to enable trust in the data produced by such IoT systems in a distributed ledger/blockchain agnostic fashion, thereby enabling a decentralized trust model for interoperable digitized identities of physical goods, documents, immobilized assets, sensors, and machines. Visit trusted-iot.org and search #tiotachallenges and #tiotamobility to learn more.
SOURCE Trusted IoT Alliance