LAS VEGAS, June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- The World Tea Expo brings the entire tea industry to Las Vegas on Friday to focus on the latest trends, best new products, services and wares in the specialty tea industry. The World Tea Expo takes place June 11 – 13 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
World Tea Expo, held annually in Las Vegas, Nevada, is the premier business-to-business event dedicated to specialty tea. It's the three days each year when industry members determine trends, optimize product lines, increase knowledge and network with peers.
Headquartered in Las Vegas, the World Tea Expo brings 5,000+ tea industry professionals to the city each year, supporting the area's economy and convention and hospitality industry. World Tea Expo can be found online at www.WorldTeaExpo.com.
World Tea Expo Highlights:
- Exhibit Open: Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Sunday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- In addition to the hundreds of teas and tea products, the Expo features the winners of the World Tea Expo 2010 New Product Awards:
- Accessories category: Tea Squeeze, Silicone Tea Squeeze
- Baked Goods category: Botanical Bakery, Ginger Squared Garden Shortbread Cookies
- Innovation category: The Tea Spot, ecosteep
- Open Class: Thistledown Cozies, The Hob
- Packaging category: Ajiri Tea Company, Ajiri Tea
- Publication category: International Tea Importers, "James Norwood Pratt's Tea Dictionary – First Edition"
- Tea as an Ingredient category (tie): The Green Teaist, Hojicha Gelee; and Glenburn Tea Direct, Glenburn Therapy
- Tea Ware category (tie): Takeya, Tea Maker; and Benaya by Axicon, Benaya by AxiconTea Set
- Winners are already designated online at World Tea Expo's Web site, where tea enthusiasts can see all of the 100-plus new products that are on display at the Expo, including new tea blends, ready-to-drink teas and more.
- As June is National Iced Tea Month It's the perfect time for the World Tea Expo to announce the winners of the 2010 North American Tea Championship Iced Tea Class competition. The winners receive their awards during a championship celebration on Saturday evening, 6 – 7:30 p.m., at the World Tea Expo. First-place awards in the competition's 13 different tea categories go to: Adagio Teas, ITO EN, China Mist Brands, New Leaf Brands, The Republic of Tea, Rishi Tea, S&D Coffee, Shangri-La Tea Company, TeaGschwendner and True Brew. The full list of winners by category is available at www.TeaChampionship.com. A buyer's guide will be published later this year.
- World Tea Expo also features the Tea Infusion Challenge, a brewing competition to determine the best infusionist, a tea professional that has comprehensive product knowledge, brewing skills and innate talent to express a tea's characteristics and intended cup. The Infusion Challenge pits five entrants against each other to see who can best express the cup from three North American Tea Championship award-winning teas. Friday: 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
SOURCE 2010 World Tea Expo