GLENDALE, Calif., March 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The YP app for Android™ devices (v3.0), the essential local companion for navigating daily life, is now available for free download from the Android Market. The updated app now serves up nearby deals, personalization and sharing features, adding to local search across 18M+ business listings, local events, maps and more. As of February 2011, YP app searches on Android devices have grown over 500 percent year-over-year(1), indicating that Android users are increasingly looking for nearby businesses while mobile.
The free app, designed by AT&T Interactive specifically for the Android platform, offers users a comprehensive local search experience with much more than business search and mapping functionality. New features offer ways to save both money and time in one app:
- Browse thousands of nearby coupons, specials, and discounts in the new "Deals" section – offering everyday savings from local businesses and national chains. Unlike other deals offerings, users have access to a range of money-saving offers requiring no upfront purchase or "check in."
- Scan the location-aware homescreen to see local weather, nearby deals and local events in personally-selected categories at a glance.
- Save deals, favorite businesses, and events to "My Stuff" for easy access.
- A quick access menu takes fewer taps to call, see a map or get directions to a business nearby.
- Enhanced location detection automatically pinpoints a users' location, often down to the street address, making it easier to quickly find things nearby.
Today, consumers can enjoy access to deals across the YP product portfolio including on YP.com, m.yp.com, and the YP app on major mobile platforms. AT&T's relationships with thousands of advertisers and leading coupon providers offer users a wide range of local deals every day.
Existing app features include:
- Quickly search comprehensive information for over 18M U.S. businesses by typing, speaking, or browsing popular categories.
- Enjoy thousands of ratings and reviews by locals and posting a review on the spot.
- Access thousands of video profiles that bring users "face-to-face" with local businesses.
- Browse and search local events – from retail sales to concerts and community events.
- Numerous ways to share businesses with friends including via text, email, Twitter and Facebook.
The updated app is available for free download by searching for "YP" in the Android Market. Earlier versions of the app are also conveniently pre-loaded on Android devices from AT&T including the recently released HTC Inspire™ 4G and Motorola ATRIX™ 4G.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
About AT&T Interactive
AT&T Interactive, a subsidiary of AT&T Inc, is an industry leader in creating local search products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across three screens - online, mobile, and TV. YP.com, AT&T Interactive's flagship web property, attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors.(2) AT&T Interactive consumer apps have a pre-activation presence or have been downloaded through digital app stores on over 40 million mobile phones.(3)
The YP Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers whose presence spans online, mobile and TV. AT&T Interactive's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business.
AT&T Interactive products are supported by over 5,000 media consultants from AT&T Advertising Solutions and third party resellers. To learn more visit www.adsolutions.att.com.
Keep tabs on YP products on YP on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YP
AT&T Inc. (NYSE :T ) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.Facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2011 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. Mobile broadband not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
(1) AT&T Interactive Internal Data [February 2011]. Data is internal only and has not been subject to third party confirmation or audit.
(2) Source: AT&T Interactive internal data, 2010 YTD average through December. This data has not been subject to third party review and are not subject to audit
(3) Source: AT&T Mobility and AT&T Interactive internal data
SOURCE AT&T Interactive