ATLANTA, Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for holiday travel and gift giving, hum by Verizon, the new aftermarket vehicle technology designed to put smarts in your car, will be available for purchase in Verizon stores beginning November 25, with special pricing through the holiday season.
With an increase in cars on the road during the holiday season, hum allows you and your loved ones to drive safer, smarter, and more connected through a self-installed solution for your car that helps predict potential issues, prevents breakdowns and offers protection when problems do arise. At the simple press of a button, drivers on any wireless network can receive diagnostic information, pinpoint roadside assistance and live consultation with ASE-certified mechanics and the hum emergency response center. It's new car technology for almost any car.
- Pinpoint Roadside Assistance for breakdowns, flat tires, overheating, dead battery or virtually anything else that might require towing or roadside assistance.
- Incident Alert & Emergency Assistance notifies the hum emergency response center if the system detects an incident. Help will be dispatched to the vehicle's GPS location if an accident is confirmed or if there is no response from the driver. Drivers can also initiate a call at the push of a button to speak with a trained, live agent.
- Auto Health & Diagnostics helps predict and prevent mechanical issues before they become bigger problems by giving subscribers' insights into their car's health via the hum web portal and smartphone app.
- Mechanic's Hotline connects subscribers with ASE-certified mechanics providing personalized, immediate and unbiased consultation related to their vehicle's repair and maintenance issues.
- Parking & Meter Tools help drivers find their parked vehicles in malls, airports, and arenas -- using the hum smartphone app -- while also allowing them to set reminders for the meter.
- Maintenance Reminders and alerts can be set for oil changes, tire rotations and more. Additionally, hum will automatically alert customers to vehicle troubles and general manufacturer recalls.
- Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance is available at the subscriber's request – hum can provide information to authorities in order to help locate the stolen vehicle.
The tool modernizes roadside assistance by bringing together traditional roadside assistance and the power of Verizon's network, delivering ultimate peace-of-mind behind the wheel. Through GPS-based technology, hum helps accurately dispatch advanced roadside assistance, alerts emergency personnel of a car's location if a crash is detected, and assists authorities in locating a vehicle that has been reported stolen.
hum is compatible with more than 150 million passenger vehicles on the road today. For pricing and information, please visit your local Verizon Wireless Retail store or www.hum.com.
So if a new car isn't in the cards this holiday season, hum by Verizon gives you the next best thing – connected car features without the cost of a new car.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) employs a diverse workforce of 177,900 and generated more than $127 billion in 2014 revenues. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, with 110.8 million retail connections nationwide. Headquartered in New York, Verizon also provides communications and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.verizon.com/news/.
Video - http://youtu.be/xujdTW8NlD8