NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Thomas Nelson will take home two Christian Book Awards from the 2014 ECPA Executive Leadership Summit this week. The publishing group won in the Bible and Inspiration categories with works from two of the industry's most influential voices.
The winners were:
- "The MacArthur Study Bible, NIV," John MacArthur, general editor- Bible
- "He Walks Among Us: Encounters with Christ in a Broken World," by Richard and Renee Stearns- Inspiration
"We are honored for the recognition that each of our finalists received," said Laura Minchew, senior vice president and specialty publisher for HarperCollins Christian Publishing. Minchew leads both Tommy Nelson and the Gift Books teams. "I especially want to congratulate our award winners and their authors. So many people had been waiting for this remarkable edition of an NIV study Bible with notes by John MacArthur. And Rich and Renee Stearns bring awareness to God's work around the world in their personal and encouraging devotional. It has been a true blessing for Thomas Nelson to have these authors as part of our publishing family."
Between both Thomas Nelson and Zondervan, HarperCollins Christian Publishing had eight additional titles to be named finalists in the 2014 awards:
- "Sermon on the Mount" by Scott McKnight (Zondervan)- Bible Reference
- "Circle Maker for Kids" by Mark Batterson (Zondervan)- Children's
- "God's Love For You Bible Storybook," by Richard and Renee Stearns (Thomas Nelson)- Children's
- "20,000 Days and Counting" by Robert D. Smith (Thomas Nelson)-Inspiration
- "Launch Your Life," by Kenny Silva (Thomas Nelson)- Inspiration
- "Inspired You," by Marian Parsons (Thomas Nelson)- New Author
- "Resurrection Year," by Sheridan Voysey (Thomas Nelson)- New Author
- "Joni and Ken," by Ken and Joni Eareckson Tada with Larry Libby (Zondervan)- Non-fiction
"To have ten recognized works is a great accomplishment," said Mark Schoenwald, president and CEO of HarperCollins Christian Publishing. "I am honored that these authors chose to partner with us to publish and support their platforms. I am proud of our publishing teams for their commitment and focus to our mission to inspire the world with content that honors God, and that their work has been uplifted by the industry. Congratulations to all of this year's winners and finalists."
According to a release from ECPA, the awards "honor Christian publishing's best book and Bible releases of the year. The announcements were made amongst Christian publishing's leaders at the ECPA Awards and Anniversary banquet on April 28 at Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs, held opening night…"
For more information on this year's winners and finalists please go to http://christianbookexpo.com/christianbookawards. For more information on HarperCollins Christian Publishing please visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com.
About HarperCollins Christian Publishing: The world's leading Christian publisher, HarperCollins Christian Publishing Inc., is comprised of the Thomas Nelson and Zondervan publishing groups. The Company produces bestselling Bibles, inspirational books, academic resources, curriculum, audio and digital content for the Christian market space. Also home to BibleGateway.com, the world's largest Christian website, and FaithGateway.com, an online community dedicated to helping people grow in their faith. HarperCollins Christian Publishing is headquartered in Nashville, TN with additional offices in Grand Rapids, MI and Miami, FL. For more information visit www.HarperCollinsChristian.com.
SOURCE HarperCollins Christian Publishing