HUNT VALLEY, Md., Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- When it comes to fun, food and all-around fabulousness, Chrissy Teigen is everyone's go-to girl. With her best-selling cookbook, Cravings, and long-time love of cooking, Teigen has solidified her spot as the coolest cook in any kitchen. Now, with tailgating season approaching, she's sharing quick tips for crowd-pleasing sides, grilled mains and game-time dips.
"My favorite part of any game day is the food – hands down – and having a well-stocked pantry is my secret when cooking for a crowd of sports fans. There are like 10 things that, if I have on hand, I can take over the world – or at least a tailgate," said Teigen. "Sriracha, cilantro and Lawry's Seasoned Salt are some of my favorites. We use Seasoned Salt in the brine and breading for John's fried chicken – it's unreal! – it's also great on simple tailgating staples like guac and pico de gallo."
Chrissy serves up winning party flavor with these simple tips:
- Serve Game-time Dips: Add 1 teaspoon of Seasoned Salt to 8 oz. (1 cup) sour cream and then stir in 2 tablespoons of finely chopped green onions. Perfect for veggies, chips, pretzels or crackers!
- One-up the Toppings: Give traditional burgers, hot dogs and sausages an extra kick of flavor by sprinkling your favorite savory seasonings on classic toppers like avocado, sautéed onions and mushrooms or sliced tomato. If you're really hungry, top your dogs with some of John's chili. It's insanely good!
- Trade in Table Salt: Swap out simple ol' table salt for the seasoned deliciousness of Lawry's. It's pretty amazing on deviled eggs, potato salad, coleslaw and even Bloody Mary rims for early games.
- Make Rubs in a Snap: Mix 3 tablespoons of brown sugar with one tablespoon of Seasoned Salt for a sweet, savory – and quick! – rub for pork or chicken before grilling. It's simple yet so ridiculously good.
- Guac This Way: Mix 2 ripe avocados, coarsely mashed, 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice and 3/4 teaspoons of Lawry's Garlic Salt in a bowl until blended for your own holy guacamole. Have a small tomato handy? Dice it and gently stir into the mixture.
- Double the Flavor: Toss sweet potato wedges in Seasoned Salt before baking and again right before you go to town on them for a double dose of spice. You won't regret it.
To bring bold tastes to tables and tailgates everywhere, check out more recipes, tips, tricks and stories for the multitasking masters of the house on Lawrys.com.
Founded in 1938, Lawry's Seasoned Salt revolutionized the art of flavoring and now is an iconic staple in both restaurants and kitchens across the globe. Today, Lawry's has grown beyond its roots as a Classic Seasoned Salt Company by creating an innovative line of quick and easy seasonings, marinades and spices.