SAN FRANCISCO, June 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Thumbtack (www.thumbtack.com) announced the closing of a $1.2 million round of financing today. The financing comes from a prominent group of angel investors including: Scott & Cyan Banister (PayPal & Zivity ), Joshua Schachter (Delicious), Jason Calacanis (WebBlogs & Mahalo), Mark Britto (Amazon), Scott Faber (Ingenio), Mark Goines (Intuit & Mint), Auren Hoffman (RapLeaf), Ariel Poler (l/PRO & Topica), Ali & Hadi Partovi (LinkExchange, Tellme Networks & iLike), Vance Bjorn (DigitalPersona), Denis Grosz (wiseGEEK), and Yan-David Erlich (ChoiceVendor).
"We are really proud to have an all-star cast of Silicon Valley's angel investors join our team as investors and advocates," said CEO Marco Zappacosta. "Thumbtack is getting bigger and better every day, and we are excited to realize our vision of bringing local services online in the same way eBay and Amazon have done with products."
Ariel Poler added, "Thumbtack has a truly innovative approach for creating a local services marketplace. Marco and his team are terrific!"
Since launching in December 2009, Thumbtack has received significant traction. The marketplace for local services is generating thousands of consumer leads every month, and more than 40,000 service professionals have joined Thumbtack, a 300% increase since the end of 2009. The services cover the United States and span a wide range of verticals including plumbing in Los Angeles, wedding officiants in Chicago, dance lessons in New York, and thousands of long-tail services like glamour horse photography.
Thumbtack has also received positive consumer reaction to its complimentary Personal Concierge service which combines Thumbtack's growing provider database with a trained staff to hand select the best service professionals for any consumer request.
The new financing will be used to expand Thumbtack's team, add key features including email marketing and appointment management, and expand the popular Personal Concierge service.
Thumbtack (www.thumbtack.com) is a trusted marketplace where consumers can find, compare, and book local services. By making it easier, more affordable, and safer than ever before to find and book services, Thumbtack aims to transform a broad swath of the local service market as eBay and Amazon have done for products.
For more information, contact:
Angel Investors' Bios
- Cyan Banister: Founder of Zivity
- Scott Banister: Founder of IronPort; Former board member of Paypal
- Vance Bjorn: Founder & CTO of DigitalPersona
- Mark Britto: Founder & CEO of Boku; Former SVP of Worldwide Sales & Services of Amazon
- Jason Calacanis: Founder of WebBlogs & Mahalo
- Yan-David Erlich: Founder & CEO of ChoiceVendor
- Scott Faber: Founder of Ingenio
- Mark Goines: Former SVP of Consumer at Intuit; Former board member of Mint
- Denis Grosz: Founder of Conjecture
- Auren Hoffman: Founder & CEO of RapLeaf
- Joshua Schachter: Founder of Delicious
- Ali Partovi: Co-founder of LinkExchange, Co-founder of iLike
- Hadi Partovi: Co-founder of Tellme Networks; GM of MSN.com at Microsoft
- Ariel Poler: Founder of l/PRO, Topica and TextMarks