LAS VEGAS, March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- THX Ltd. today announced it has certified five new cinema and studio partners around the world, whose facilities meet THX's exacting standards for architectural design, acoustics, sound isolation and audio/visual performance.
The newly THX certified partners include: The State Kremlin Palace, Moscow; Labodigital Screening Room, Mexico City; the Indiana University Cinema, Bloomington, IN; Cinemark theaters in Brazil and Kitag Cinemas in Switzerland. These new partners join a rapidly growing list of more than 2000 THX certified global cinemas and studios.
"For more than 30 years, THX has set the benchmark for what it means to deliver audiences a studio quality cinema-going experience," said Andrew Poulain, Director, Cinema and Studio Programs, THX. "We make the promise to audiences that every seat in a THX certified cinema is a good one. We are proud that new cinemas from around the world continue to seek our certification."
The goal of THX Cinema Certification is to reproduce the acoustics and ambience of the movie studio, allowing audiences to enjoy a movie's sound effects, score, dialogue and visual presentation with the clarity and detail of the final mastering session. The following theaters and screening rooms now proudly call themselves THX Certified:
- The State Kremlin Palace: Inside Moscow's historic Kremlin, the newly THX Certified State Kremlin Palace is the most prestigious venue for motion pictures and live performances.
- Labodigital: Part of Labofilm and the largest film duplication facility in Mexico, Labodigital reached THX certification of its second screening room, which also doubles as a digital cinema mastering theater. The new THX certified screening room is ideal for critical screenings, business presentations, and editorial reviews as it incorporates premium equipment.
- Indiana University Cinema: The 300 seat IU Cinema is one of six THX certified cinemas at five major Universities in the United States. Two years ago, IU Cinema embarked on a 15 million dollar renovation project to transform the original 1930s-era theater into a THX certified cinema. The multifunctional IU Cinema is now able to perform as an elite cinema as every aspect of sound and picture quality has been approved by THX experts.
- Cinemark Brasil: As the largest theater chain in Brazil, Cinemark Brasil recently opened two new THX certified cinema screens in the cities of Osasco and Brasilia. THX worked with Cinemark Brasil to design and build the best theater possible with a unique combination of loudspeaker integration and architectural design. Moviegoers can now enjoy a quality theater experience in these cities.
- Kitag Kino: This new cinema in Winterthur, Switzerland boasts THX Certification in all six of its auditoriums guaranteeing a premium movie-going experience to all of its customers.
For more information on THX Certified Cinemas, please visit http://www.thx.com/professional/cinema-certification/thx-certified-cinemas/
About THX Ltd.
From the big screen to your screen, THX ignites your passion for exciting entertainment experiences. Founded by George Lucas and recognized by audiences around the globe, THX is synonymous with the design and certification of world-class cinemas, premium audio systems, HDTVs, and blockbuster movies and games. Products featuring THX defy convention and define quality in their class, whether in the cinema, home or on the road. For more information, visit www.thx.com.
SOURCE THX Ltd.