DALLAS, June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a 2-W mono Class-D audio amplifier with integrated boost converter, which delivers 36 percent louder audio than competitive devices, consistent across the entire Li-Ion battery range. The highly efficient TPA2015D1 allows more than twice the battery life compared to the nearest competing amplifier and is available in a compact 2-mm x 2-mm WCSP package for space-constrained applications including smart phones, notebooks, portable navigation devices, portable docking station and portable DVD players. In addition, the amplifier incorporates battery monitoring automatic gain control (AGC) and SpeakerGuard technology to prevent early shutdown at low battery voltages and prevents clipping, which protects speakers. To get more information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tpa2015d1-pr.
Key features and benefits
- 2.0 W into 8 Ohms at 3.6 V (6 % THD) results in 36 percent louder audio than the leading competition.
- Constant output power of 2.0 W (3.6 to 5.0 V) provides consistent audio loudness across the Li-Ion battery range.
- Battery monitoring AGC prevents early shutdown at low battery voltages (<3 V) and SpeakerGuard technology protects speakers by preventing clipping.
- High efficiency (81% @1 W and 3.6 V) and ultra-low quiescent current (1.7 mA) results in two times longer battery life and five times lower quiescent current than the competition.
- Reduces the external components by more than 50 percent and total solution size to 20.25 mm2, for space-constrained consumer electronics.
Availability and pricing
The TPA2015D1 is available today in a 2-mm x 2-mm, 0.5-mm pitch 16-ball WCSP for $1.10 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TLV320AIC3254 audio codec with miniDSP and TPA6141A2 Class-G audio headphone amp are also available to complete the audio signal chain.
Find out more about TI's audio portfolio:
- Order TPA2015D1 samples: www.ti.com/tpa2015d1-pr.
- Download the Audio Guide: www.ti.com/audio.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow audio engineers on TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
SpeakerGuard and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated