DALLAS, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced two new Class-D audio amplifiers that advance the home entertainment experience. Capable of driving 600 watts, the TAS5630 and TAS5631 feature the highest stereo output power in the industry, more than twice that of the closest comparable devices. Based on TI's advanced closed-loop architecture, the amplifiers integrate PurePath HD technology to achieve high-definition media playback and ultra-low distortion in next-generation AV and DVD receivers, Blu-ray home theater systems, home theater-in-a-box, mini/micro component systems and professional audio systems. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tas5630-pr
Key features and benefits of PurePath HD technology
- Audio bandwidth exceeds 73 kHz to achieve high-definition media playback in applications such as in Blu-ray home theater systems.
- Low distortion across frequency delivers a rich, natural sound.
- High power supply noise rejection reduces bill of materials and lowers system cost by relaxing power supply requirements. Power supply reference designs are available to further simplify development.
- Analog and pulse-width modulation (PWM) input options in pin-compatible packages maximize design flexibility.
Key features and benefits of TAS5630 and TAS5631
- 300-W stereo or 600-W mono output power at greater than 88 percent efficiency eliminates transformers or large heatsinks, reducing bill of materials and total solution cost.
- 0.03 percent THD at 1 W into 4-ohm load (stereo) provides ultra-low distortion at normal listening levels.
- Offers power levels equivalent to traditional discrete Class-D amplifiers with 70 percent fewer components to lower system failure rate, accelerate time-to-market and achieve higher manufacturing yield.
- Pin compatibility with the TAS5615 and TAS5616 150-W stereo amplifiers maximizes design reuse for lower power systems.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The TAS56xx family is available today, to support multiple design configurations. The 600-W TAS5630 and TAS5631 are available in analog-input and PWM-input configurations, respectively, in two package sizes. The PHD package is $5.45 and the DKD is $6.35 in 1000-unit quantities. The 300-W TAS5615 and TAS5616 are also available in analog-input and PWM-input configurations, respectively, priced at $4.45 for the PHD package and $5.35 for the DKD.
Find out more about TI's audio portfolio by visiting links below:
- Order TAS56xx samples and EVMs: www.ti.com/tas5630-pr
- Discover what the TAS56xx family of Class-D amplifiers can do in a video demonstration: www.ti.com/tas5630-prv
- Listen and participate in TI's audio community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
PurePath is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated