DALLAS, March 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN), the industry leader in highly integrated wireless connectivity solutions, will demonstrate the industry's highest performance narrowband RF transceiver at Embedded World in Nuremberg, Germany. Featuring range significantly beyond 10 km (137-dB link budget) and more than 60-dB adjacent channel rejection (20 dB more than nearest competition), the CC112x family provides an unmatched solution for industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) frequency bands at 169, 433, 868, 915 and 950 MHz. The CC112x family targets low-power wireless applications in alarm and security, automatic meter reading, industrial monitoring and control, and home and building automation. For more information, visit TI at Embedded World (Hall 12, Stand 436).
"By working closely with TI during the specification of the CC112x family, Radiocrafts will shortly launch the first complete module based on the CC112x with revolutionary RF narrowband performance and high output power in an extremely small form factor," said Peder Martin Evjen, CEO at Radiocrafts, a leading radio module manufacturer for wireless short-range applications.
CC112x family features
- High RF performance: first fully-integrated RF transceiver targeting ETSI EN 300-220 Category 1 compliance provides >60-dB channel rejection in 12.5-kHz channels and >84-dB blocking at 2 MHz.
- Low power: 3-mA Rx "sniff mode" allows systems to listen for RF packets using very low power consumption while maintaining full RF performance.
- Long range: -123-dBm sensitivity (1.2 kb/s) and +14-dBm output power provides 137-dB link budget for range in 10s of kilometers for maximum indoor penetration. This line-of-sight range is available out-of-the box with the CC112x family development kit.
- Wide frequency range: supports 169-MHz (new Europe ISM band) and 433/868/915/950-MHz bands.
- Very low phase noise in TX mode: enables use of external high output power PA solutions to meet regulatory requirements without complex filtering.
Pricing and availability
The CC112x family will start sampling in second quarter, with volume production in third quarter 2011. The devices will be available in a 5-mm x 5-mm QFN-32 package. TI will support the CC112x family with comprehensive development kits and tools that provide all the hardware and software necessary for evaluation.
Find out more about TI's wireless connectivity solutions
- TI E2E™ Low-Power RF community: www.ti.com/lprf-forum.
- TI's wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity and www.ti.com/lprf
- TI's wireless connectivity selection guide: www.ti.com/lprf-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated