DALLAS, March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today unveiled new and expanded semiconductor package options with the availability of bare die. TI's bare die program allows customers to order small quantities as low as 10 pieces for initial prototyping purposes, and larger quantities of full waffle trays for production purposes. Bare die options also provide the capability to integrate multiple functions into smaller areas. With electronic products and systems rapidly getting smaller and more integrated, TI's bare die enables customers to design end equipment with smaller form factors by implementing multi-chip modules (MCM) or systems-in-package (SiPs). For availability and pricing, visit www.ti.com/baredie-pr.
Moving to more integrated packaging solutions provides both weight and power dissipation savings, while improving overall system-level reliability in space-constrained applications. Bare die options are currently available for specific devices in TI's Analog, Power Management, DSP, and MCU portfolios. Further releases will be evaluated and requested through TI's HiRel product group. Bare die target applications include consumer smart cards, mobile RFID readers, medical, industrial, security and high-reliability.
Key features and benefits:
- Space savings: Bare die enables integration of electronics into smaller form factors, which helps designers meet space constraints in applications, such as smart cards and other chip-on-board applications.
- Function integration: Customers building MCMs can integrate the desired components, such as amplifiers, data converters and power components, into one substrate.
- Smaller minimum order quantity: Customers can order as few as 10 pieces for initial prototyping purposes, and larger quantities of full waffle trays for production.
- Expanded availability to order die: Bare die select devices are now available through TI's standard distribution partners and orderable on www.ti.com.
- Broadest bare die capability: Customers can take advantage of the most extensive small quantity options in the market to get their products to market faster.
Find out more about TI's bare die:
- Learn more about TI's extensive bare die portfolio by visiting www.ti.com/baredie-pr.
- Learn more about TI's packaging by visiting www.ti.com/packagingoptions-pr.
About Packaging at TI
At Texas Instruments, semiconductor packaging is an integral part of the total system that includes design, technology, quality and high-volume manufacturing. Our leadership in packaging is based upon decades of expertise, and is driving advancements in power density, reliability, high performance, low power and cost. TI's broad packaging portfolio supports thousands of diversified products, packaging configurations and technologies to solve customers' problems and enable product differentiation. TI also continues to invest in innovative packaging development and manufacturing in its state-of-the-art facilities around the world. For more information, visit www.ti.com/packagingoptions-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated