DALLAS, March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE:TXN) today introduced the industry's most highly integrated automotive-qualified, 16-bit delta-sigma analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The ADS1115-Q1 includes a reference, programmable gain amplifier (PGA), mux and oscillator in a small package and supports up to 860 samples per second (SPS). For automotive applications such as battery monitoring systems in HEV/EV vehicles, fuel or oil pressure sensing, the ADS1115-Q1 offers the industry's only integrated programmable comparator, allowing easy over- or under-voltage threshold monitoring to increase design flexibility while reducing board space and component cost. For more information or to order samples, visit ADS1115-Q1.
Key features and benefits of the ADS1115-Q1:
- On-chip integration increases design flexibility: Features an integrated oscillator, low-drift reference and 4-channel mux with PGA to support a wide range of inputs.
- Low power extends battery life: Consumes only 150 uA of supply current at 2 V while running at up to 860 SPS.
- High integration saves system space, component cost: Offers higher precision performance and component integration than the competition in a small, low-power, 16-bit solution for design efficiency and lower cost.
- Extended ranges support automotive applications: Supports a wide supply range of 2 V to 5.5 V and operating temperature range of -40 Celsius (C) to 125 C, offering greater flexibility in system design.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed design with the ADS1115-Q1 device, including the ADS1115 Performance Demonstration Kit (PDK), and an Op Amp to ADC Circuit Topology Calculator,
All products in the ADS1115 family are available for automotive qualification. In addition to the currently qualified device, the ADS1115 is also available in a leadless QFN-10 package, which is 70-percent smaller than comparable ADCs. The ADS1113, ADS1114 and ADS1115 all perform conversions at rates up to 860 SPS. The ADS1114 with one input channel and the ADS1115 with four integrate an onboard PGA, which supports inputs as low as +256 mV, allowing both large and small signals to be measured with high resolution.
Availability and pricing
Samples of the ADS1115-Q1 are available now in a 3-mm x 3-mm MSOP-10 (DGS) package for US$2.60 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI's automotive and transportation portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order samples of the ADS1115-Q1.
- Order the ADS1115-Q1 PDK.
- View TI's complete automotive and transportation portfolio: www.ti.com/automotive.
- Download TI's Automotive and Transportation Selection Guide: www.ti.com/automotiveguide.
- Download TI's Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Solutions Guide: www.ti.com/hev.
- Join the TI E2E™ Automotive Community: www.ti.com/e2eautomotive-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All trademarks and registered trademarks and other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated