DALLAS, Feb. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a power management controller with 4- and 6-bit voltage identification (VID) interfaces. The LM10011 is the first VID controller designed to operate along with a point-of-load regulator to adjust the core voltage (VCORE) of a VID-enabled processor, such as TI's C6000™ power-optimized DSPs and KeyStone multicore DSPs. The LM10011 enables TI's DSPs to realize their full power savings capability to reduce power consumption in wireless infrastructure applications. The controller features industry-leading one-percent output accuracy and adjustable output current during start-up. For more information and samples, visit www.ti.com/lm10011-pr.
The LM10011 VID controller operates over a 2.97-V to 5.5-V input voltage range and is a cost-effective, easy-to-use solution. It can be used with any point-of-load regulator that has a feedback node, such as TI's high-performance 15-A LM21215 and 25-A TPS56221 synchronous buck regulators. The LM10011 offers 16 pin-programmable current output options during start-up, allowing the DSP VCORE to power up various voltages to enable greater system flexibility and reliability. Watch a video demonstration at www.ti.com/lm10011-prv.
Key features and benefits of the LM10011 VID controller
- 16 selectable start-up current options offer flexibility for system operation and higher system reliability.
- One-percent output voltage accuracy is fully compliant with C6000 VID table.
- 2.97-V to 5.5-V input voltage range supports both 5-V and 3.3-V bus voltages.
- Pin-selectable VID format allows 4-bit and 6-bit VID patterns.
- Precision enable supports custom under-voltage lockout (UVLO).
Availability, packaging and pricing
The LM10011 VID controller is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors. Offered in a 10-pin SON package that measures 3-mm by 3-mm by 0.8-mm, the LM10011 is priced at US$0.60 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about TI's VID controllers:
- Order samples and an evaluation module of the VID controller: www.ti.com/lm10011-pr.
- Design a complete power management system online with TI's WEBENCH® Power Designer: www.ti.com/webenchpwr-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the power forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/powerforum-pr.
- Download power reference designs from TI's PowerLab™ Reference Design Library: www.ti.com/powerlab-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
WEBENCH is a registered trademark and C6000, TI E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated