DALLAS, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) introduced a new NexFET Power Block device in a space-saving 3-mm x 3-mm SON package. The new CSD86330Q3D Power Block package achieves greater than 90 percent efficiency at 15 A in half the area of competitive solutions that require two discrete power MOSFETs in 3-mm x 3-mm QFN packages. The Power Block has a significant advantage in power loss and output current capabilities over competitive solutions, and supports applications like servers, desktop and notebook PCs, networking equipment, cellular infrastructure, high-end consumer applications and merchant power supplies. For more information visit: www.ti.com/powerblock-pr.
The CSD86330Q3D joins TI's award-winning family of NexFET Power Block devices. In 2010 the Power Block received the prestigious 2010 Product of the Year Award from Electronic Products Magazine. Each year, Electronics Products' editorial board selects a few outstanding new products from thousands introduced. The device was selected for its innovation in design and significant gain in performance. The CSD86330Q3D also recognized by EDN Magazine as a "Hot 100 Product of 2010" and received the ECN Magazine Tech Awards 2010 Reader's Choice.
Key features and benefits of CSD86330Q3D Power Block:
- 3-mm x 3-mm SON outline is half the size of two discrete MOSFETs in 3-mm x 3-mm QFN packages.
- Improves efficiency with only a 35 degrees C rise in temperature at 15 A with no airflow.
- High power density saves up to 10 mm2 of board space.
- Double frequency without increasing power loss reduces output filter size and cost versus competitive solutions.
- The SON package with an exposed grounded pad simplifies layout and improves thermal performance.
Availability and pricing
NexFET Power Block is available in volume now from TI and its authorized distributors in a 3-mm x 3-mm SON package. Suggested resale pricing for the CSD86330Q3D is $0.95 in 1,000-unit quantities. Samples and evaluation modules are available.
Find out more about TI's NexFET power MOSFET technologies:
- For the complete NexFET portfolio visit: www.ti.com/mosfet-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the NexFET forum on the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/nexfetforum-pr.
- See DC/DC controllers that are optimized for NexFET technology: TP40303, TPS40304, TPS40305, TPS51217, TPS51218 and TPS53219.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
NexFET and E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated