DALLAS, Aug. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first fully-integrated, seven-channel relay driver that can support low-voltage relays from as low as 1.8 V up to 5 V. The ULN2003LV relay driver replaces a handful of discrete components with a single device to drive lower voltages for data relays and rails within telecommunications equipment. Using the ULN2003LV integrated circuit (IC), customers can reduce board space by up to 80 percent, while lowering power consumption and cost. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/uln2003lv-pr.
Key features and benefits of the ULN2003LV
- High performance in noisy environments: Input resistor capacitor (RC) snubber greatly improves the driver performance in noisy operating conditions.
- Channel grouping for higher current loads: Internal input pull-down resistor allows input logic to be tri-stated for greater efficiency at higher loads.
- Lower power: Seven low-output impedance drivers minimize on-chip power dissipation, providing five times lower power consumption versus the competition.
- Wider device compatibility: The relay's 1.8-V to 5-V CMOS logic input interface is compatible with a wider range of microcontrollers and other logic interfaces compared to the competition.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The ULN2003LV is available in 10-mm x 4-mm, 16-pin SOIC and 5.1-mm x 4.5-mm, 16-pin TSSOP packages. Suggested retail pricing in 100-unit quantities is $0.15.
Learn more about TI's Standard Linear portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order ULN2003LV samples: www.ti.com/uln2003lv-pr
- Order ULN2003LV evaluation modules: www.ti.com/uln2003lv-evm-pr.
- Download the Standard Linear Guide
- View TI's Communications and Telecom applications page
- Engineers designing with the ULN2003LV can also ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Interface Community.
- Follow what TI signal chain experts have to say on our blog: www.ti.com/analogwire-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated