DALLAS, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) introduced a precision analog design library that provides comprehensive board-level precision designs to help engineers quickly evaluate and customize their systems while expanding their analog knowledge base. The TI Precision Designs library includes categories of Reference, Verified and CerTIfied Designs that provide all of the methodology and results, and design and simulation files needed for customers to quickly evaluate and customize their systems and speed end products to market. For more information, visit www.ti.com/precisiondesigns-pr.
TI Precision Designs provide system designers with:
- Reference Designs: Circuits complete with theory, simulation, calculation and design methodology.
- Verified Designs: Reference Designs that are built and characterized with everything needed to take a concept to copper, including bench results, Gerber files and schematics.
- CerTIfied Designs: Verified Designs that are characterized for real-world environmental testing such as EMC, ESD and EMIRR.
"Our customers need to execute their projects with both speed and expertise. TI Precision Designs combines methodology and tools with proven results, giving engineers a starting point to quickly customize for their unique design needs," said Amy Warner, manager of TI Precision Analog. "Our comprehensive and accurate simulation models enable reliable comparison between simulation and tested results, enabling engineers to move from concept to copper with confidence."
With TI Precision Designs, board- and system-level designers can search for precision analog designs by design and analog product type, plus end equipment and application function:
- Design type, including Reference, Verified and CerTIfied Designs.
- Product type, such as amplifier, analog-to-digital converter (ADC), or digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
- End equipment, such as functional block or electrocardiograph (ECG).
- Application function, such as current source, data acquisition, thermocouple, temperature sensing or pulse-width modulation (PWM) generator.
Tools and support Additional design support is available on the Precision Data Converter and Precision Amplifiers Forums in the TI E2ETM Community, where engineers can ask questions and get answers from TI experts.
Availability Nearly 20 TI Precision Designs are available to download today, including:
- Reference Design: Current sensing solution for industrial automation
- Verified Design: Data acquisition block for ECG systems
- CerTIfied Design: Bridge sensor signal conditioner with current loop, EMC compatibility for automation and process control
New designs will be added to the library on an ongoing basis.
TI's award-winning online analog design tools and support Easy-to-use design tools and resources keep engineers at the top of their game and shorten time-to-market. TI's WEBENCH® Design Center is an ecosystem of online and downloadable tools that speed analog design and deliver custom results in minutes. PowerLab™ provides a library of 1,000+ power reference designs for any application; TI Precision Designs include complete simulation files for designers to match expected results with real-world performance. Join more than 120,000 engineers in the TI E2E™ Community, where engineers can ask questions and get answers from TI experts on topics ranging from power management to data acquisition, signal conditioning, interface and more.
- Search the TI Precision Designs library.
- Get bite-size technical lessons from amplifier and linear guru Bruce Trump at his blog, The Signal.
- Learn how to avoid amplifier input/output swing limitations in this video from amplifier and linear expert Art Kay.
- Get your amplifier design started with the TI Precision Amplifier Starter Kit.
About Texas Instruments Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Trademarks WEBENCH is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments. E2E and PowerLab are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated