DALLAS, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced two bipolar-input audio operational amplifiers (op amps) that provide unmatched noise, distortion and bandwidth performance while dissipating a mere 1.5 mA. The power-efficient, dual-channel OPA1662 and quad-channel OPA1664 enable system designers to develop the next generation of professional and prosumer audio equipment capable of producing crisp, clean "true to the original recording" sound quality. These op amps are targeted at USB and FireWire audio systems, analog and digital mixers, portable recording systems, and other applications that require the highest noise performance combined with low power consumption. For information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/opa166x-pr.
- Best noise/distortion performance: Low 3.3-nV/rt Hz noise density with an ultra-low total harmonic distortion plus nose of 0.00006 percent at 1 kHz enables the design of much higher performance audio equipment than previously thought possible.
- Lowest power consumption: Low quiescent current of 1.5 mA per channel allows designers to stay within system power budgets while offering unmatched sound reproduction.
- Higher signal integrity: A wide gain bandwidth of 22 MHz and slew rate of 17 V/us provide higher signal integrity and faster response to a wider range of input signal frequencies.
- Widest supply range: Operating range of +/-1.5 V to +/-18 V or +3 V to +36 V provides excellent dynamic performance over a wide choice of loads.
System designers can build an audio signal path by combining the OPA1662 or OPA1664 with the PCM1792A 24-bit, 192-kHz sampling, stereo audio digital-to-analog converter (DAC).
Tools and support The OPAMPEVM universal op amp evaluation module (EVM) is available to accelerate the development of audio equipment using the OPA1662 and OPA1664 for a suggested retail price of US$5. The Active Filter Designer tool can help system designers implement an op amp filter design. TINA-TI SPICE models and reference designs are also available today for the OPA1662 and OPA1664 op amps.
Availability, packaging and pricing The dual-channel OPA1662 is available today in SO-8 and MSOP-8 packages for a suggested retail price of US$0.95 in 1,000-unit quantities. The quad-channel OPA1664 is available in SO-14 and TSSOP-14 packages for a suggested retail price of US$1.45 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's audio op amps by visiting the links below:
- Order OPA1662 samples and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/opa1662samples-pr.
- Order OPA1664 samples and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/opa1664samples-pr.
- View a pro audio mixer system block diagram: www.ti.com/proaudiomixer-pr.
- View an AV receiver system block diagram: www.ti.com/avreceiver-pr.
- Download the audio guide: http://www.ti.com/audioguide-pr.
- Ask questions in the Audio Amplifier Forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/audioampforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Trademarks TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated