DALLAS, April 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its mission to provide easy-to-use tools, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced the Grace software platform, a free visual plug-in that enables developers to easily enable and configure ultra-low-power MSP430 microcontroller peripherals through a graphical user interface (GUI). With Grace software, developers can interact with buttons, pull-down menus and helpful pop-ups to generate easy-to-understand C code that automatically configures the low-level register settings of analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), operational amplifiers (op amps), timers, serial communication modules, clocks and other peripherals. By simplifying the peripheral configuration process, Grace software enables developers to focus on their differentiated application layer and user experience, removing barriers to microcontroller development and quickening time to market. For more information, please visit www.ti.com/grace-pr-tf.
As a free Code Composer Studio IDE plug-in, Grace software seamlessly integrates into the MSP430 microcontroller tool chain and development process, compatible with all MSP430G2xx (Value Line) and MSP430F2xx devices, most eZ430 modules and the LaunchPad development kit. Open source tutorials and project examples are also included. Additionally, Grace software technology is scalable, with the potential to support other TI embedded processing solutions.
Key features and benefits of the Grace software platform
- Free plug-in for Code Composer Studio IDE, which provides an intuitive graphical environment for enabling and configuring MSP430 peripherals
- Helpful tool tips and pop-ups based on MSP430 datasheets and user guides provide a rapid understanding of the various peripherals and configuration options
- Generates easy-to-understand C code and minimizes configuration conflicts or collisions between multiple peripherals to further quicken time to market
- Compatible with LaunchPad, eZ430-F2013 and eZ430-RF2500 development tools to offer a completely user-friendly development environment for first-time microcontroller users
- Grace provides a Basic, Power User, and Register-level view offering different levels of abstraction for setting up peripherals
Pricing and availability
The Grace software platform is available today for free download at www.ti.com/grace-pr-tf.
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430 MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex™-M3-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000™ MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI's Grace software platform by visiting the links below:
- Grace software platform: www.ti.com/grace-pr-tf
- Grace wiki: www.ti.com/grace-wiki-pr-lp
- Grace Getting Started video: www.ti.com/grace-pr-v
- TI's microcontroller portfolio: www.ti.com/grace-pr-microcontrollers-lp
- MSP430 tools: www.ti.com/grace-pr-ez430-lp
- MSP430 Value Line and LaunchPad: www.ti.com/grace-pr-launchpad-lp
- Make the Switch to TI MCUs: www.ti.com/maketheswitch
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
MSP430 is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated