DALLAS, Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's first quad-channel XAUI/10GBASE-KR transceiver that supports multiple 10G/40G Ethernet standards, as well as proprietary data rates from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps. The flexible TLK10034 physical layer (PHY) serializer/deserializer (SerDes) allows engineers to use one SerDes for all of their protocol needs, instead of stocking multiple devices. The TLK10034 interfaces to backplanes, copper cables, and SFP+ optical modules in server, storage and enterprise networking equipment. For information or to order samples, visit www.ti.com/tlk10034-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TLK10034
- Multiple protocol flexibility: Each of the four bi-directional channels supports 10GBASE-KR, XAUI, 1GBASE-KX, CPRI, and OBSAI standard protocols, providing engineers with maximum flexibility in their system designs.
- Optimized link performance: Link training seamlessly brings up the link, and optimizes the transmitter pre-emphasis levels to minimize system bit error rate (BER).
- Reduced power consumption: Consumes 825 mW (typical) per channel, compared to competitive SerDes that consume more than 1 W.
- Higher signal integrity: Forward error correction (FEC) manages the signal integrity performance by compensating up to 29-dB insertion loss at 6 GHz to improve BER and system margin.
System designers can create a robust data link by combining the TLK10034 with the LMK04906 clock jitter cleaner/multiplier.
Tools and support
The TLK10034EVM evaluation module (EVM) can be purchased today for US$2999, and the TLK10034SMAEVM SMA breakout daughterboard can be purchased for US$1499 to evaluate low-speed signals. A GUI software tool for the TLK10034EVM can be downloaded to manage device provisioning and testing, and HSPICE and IBIS-AMI models are available to verify the TLK10034's signal integrity.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The TLK10034 is available today in a 19-mm by 19-mm, 324-pin PBGA package for a suggested retail price of US$45 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's 10G Ethernet transceivers by visiting the links below:
- Order TLK10034 samples and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/tlk10034samples-pr.
- View a server system block diagram: www.ti.com/server-pr.
- View an Ethernet switch system block diagram: www.ti.com/ethernet_switch-pr.
- See the TI interface portfolio: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions in the Interface Forum in the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/interfaceforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated