HOUSTON, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Responding to the demand for more intuitive, easy-to-use software throughout every design stage, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today announced controlSUITE software for its TMS320C2000™ microcontrollers (MCUs) that enable real-time control applications. Unlike traditional MCU offerings, controlSUITE software delivers the content and content management necessary to simplify evaluation, application adaptation, debug, test and reuse. Going beyond the simple demonstrations common to free software portfolios, controlSUITE software includes libraries and examples that are full, open source projects, serving as true development systems for applications such as motor control. Additionally, a new installer eliminates frustrations related to versioning and dependencies and gives developers access to the complete software offering in a centralized location. For more information, please visit www.ti.com/controlsuite-pr.
Key features and benefits of controlSUITE software
- Software content takes user through each design stage:
- Evaluation: Fundamental building blocks inside an intuitive system framework simplify device start-up, configuration, tasking, and peripheral configuration, all within the Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment that works across multiple TI embedded processor platforms
- Application development: Modular application level libraries and unique tools were built into real-world systems and are supported with open source hardware examples to allow developers to easily port content to varying applications with dramatically greater success
- Proliferation: Developers can reuse content across product lines and projects, fully leveraging the scalable C2000 MCU platform to meet varying price, performance and peripheral requirements
- Device drivers, APIs, utilities, as well as math, signal processing and application libraries allow developers to focus on differentiation
- Single controlSUITE portal allows developers to easily manage available software, collateral and support
- New installer allows developers to select only the software components they require and gives the option for update notifications or automatic updates to eliminate version compatibility issues
- Incremental build approach to motor control example systems allows developers to verify each section of their application one step at a time to greatly simplify debug
New High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer's Kit
TI's new High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer's Kit is the first to be based on controlSUITE software. The kit offers developers an open source hardware and software platform to develop advanced motor control systems with digital power factor correction (PFC) using TI's C2000 Piccolo™ MCUs. Leveraging TI's Piccolo F28035 controlCARD, the PFC stage on the kit provides up to 750 W of power to the motor driver stage, which can output 1.5 KW of power. The controlSUITE software included with the kit provides step-by-step documentation for closed loop PFC software and detailed examples and labs on controlling brushless DC (trapezoidal and sinusoidal drive), AC Induction or permanent magnet synchronous motors (Field Oriented Control) in both sensored and sensorless configurations.
Pricing and availability
controlSUITE software is free and can be immediately accessed at www.ti.com/cs_controlsuite-pr. Initially, application libraries focus on motor control, but additional applications, such as digital power, power line modem, and LED lighting will be added throughout the year. The High Voltage Digital Motor Control & PFC Reference Design Kit (TMDSHVMTRPFCKIT) is priced at $599 immediately available for order at www.ti.com/cs_hvmckit-estore-pr.
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430™ MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex™-M3 MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000™ MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI's controlSUITE software by visiting the links below:
- controlSUITE software: www.ti.com/cs_controlsuite-pr
- High Voltage Digital Motor Control Kit tool folder: www.ti.com/cs_hvmckit-tf-pr
- Video overview of controlSUITE: www.ti.com/cs_controlsuitevideo-pr
- Digital motor control methodology whitepaper: www.ti.com/cs_mc_whitepaper-pr
- TI's microcontroller portfolio: www.ti.com/cs_microcontroller-pr
- TI estore: www.ti.com/cs_hvmckit-estore-pr
- C2000 motor control solutions: www.ti.com/cs_C2000dmc-pr
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
controlSUITE, TMS320C2000, C2000, MSP430 and Code Composer Studio are trademarks and Stellaris is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated. Cortex is a trademark of ARM Ltd. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated