BARCELONA, Spain, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- World's largest conference for tissue products business, will feature panel discussion between Retailers, Environmental groups, Paper companies and Market researchers covering sustainability issues and these indispensable products. Technology suppliers include Ahold, IKEA, Lidl, WWF, Sofidel and SCA.
- Tradeshow will feature nearly 150 companies that supply the tissue products making business, all through the supply chain from raw materials through papermaking and converting, to final customers and consumers.
Attendance at the tradeshow is free of charge for all tissue industry professionals.
To register to visit the Tradeshow of Vendors click here.
The conference will be held under the theme of:
Evolution? or Revolution? -- The Next Steps in Sustainable Tissue Making.
Among the speakers will be:
- Luigi Lazzareschi, the dynamic CEO of the Italian Sofidel Group, Europe's second-largest tissue group and a very influential supplier in the private label business
- Mats Berencreutz, the number two Executive at SCA, producers of the Tork brand and the world's second largest tissue company
- Emmanuelle Neyroumande, Pulp and Paper Strategy Manager, of the respected environmental group WWF International, France
Three giant, global retailers will also have a high profile at the meeting and be adding their unique insights to the discussion:
- Florian Schutze, Corporate Social Responsibility Director, Lidl, Germany
- Annemiek Schop, Quality Manager - Non Food, Ahold Europe, Netherlands
- Thomas Bergmark, Senior Advisor & former Sustainability Manager, IKEA Group, Sweden
- In addition, a very timely presentation entitled "Trends in Consumer Behavior: Do They Buy Sustainability?" will be presented by Richard Herbert, Global Business Insight and Development Director, Europanel, UK
About Tissue World
The Tissue World show, which started in Nice, France, in 1993, is the BIG ONE in the Tissue World series and is supported by two somewhat smaller regional events. These are Tissue World Asia in Shanghai targeting the Asian market and Tissue World Americas in Miami focusing mainly on the North and South America markets. Tissue World is clearly the leading global event series covering soft hygienic tissue products.
The unique combination of the high-level Senior Management panels, the very targeted, hands-on Technical Sessions and Workshops, and the giant Trade Show featuring essentially all of the world's suppliers to the tissue business, make Tissue World a 'must-attend' event for all tissue professionals.
Tissue paper products, which include indispensable items such as toilet paper, household paper towels, facial tissues and table napkins, make up an enormous global business amounting to an estimated $80 billion a year of total trade. Total global volume of tissue paper produced grows quite steadily at about 4% each year.
With sustainability issues playing a dramatically increasingly role all through the tissue supply chain, spanning Retailing and Distribution, Purchasing, Transport, Packaging, Converting, Papermaking, Fiber, Energy, Chemical and Water Supply, Sustainability, Technology and Environment are all gaining attention. Tissue managers are therefore looking for ways to manage them. Indeed, the most progressive retailing and tissue making companies are already acting on the opportunities these challenges offer.
Today, Technology is playing a crucial role and advancing rapidly to squeeze more production and quality out of the resources used, including the key raw materials Fiber, Energy and Water.
At Tissue World in Barcelona, visitors to the tradeshow and attendees to the conferences will have an unparalleled opportunity to learn more about these challenges and possible solutions. Visitors will include tissue makers and converters from over 85 countries throughout the world, as well as numerous investors who are thinking about entering the expanding tissue products business.
Anyone who is concerned about Sustainability and Tissue Products, and wants to help shape their strategy for this critical area in the future, should come to Barcelona for all or some of the events taking place during 18-21 March 2013 at the world's largest event for the tissue business, Tissue World.
SOURCE Tissue World - UBM