PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 22 /PRNewswire/ --
- Jive, the Social Business Software leader, today announced that Jive board member Tony Zingale has become Jive's CEO on an interim basis. Concurrently, Dave Hersh has been elected to the role of Chairman of Jive's Board of Directors. Hersh will continue to work with Jive's board and executive team on the company's strategy and growth plan.
- Jive's board of directors has begun a search for a permanent CEO, and is already evaluating candidates with experience in leading enterprise technology firms through transformational growth periods.
- Zingale, whose nearly three decade career includes experience building profitable, high growth enterprise software companies, will lead Jive as the company begins a period of significant investment to further extend its leadership in the rapidly growing Social Business Software (SBS) market.
- Zingale most recently served as President and CEO of Mercury Interactive, the worldwide leader of Business Technology Optimization (BTO) solutions, where he successfully grew the company to over $1B in annual revenue. Prior to Mercury, he was President and CEO of Clarify, a leader in the highly competitive customer relationship management (CRM) market, where he grew the company to more than $300 million in annual revenue.
- "As I've shared with the Jive team, this is the time to put the foot on the gas given our momentum and unquestioned market leadership," said Dave Hersh, chairman of the board, Jive Software. "Given the growth we expect over the next few years as social software dramatically changes the way work gets done, the Board and I decided to put a leadership structure in place that could maximize Jive's opportunity. Tony's guidance as a board member over the last two years has been invaluable, and we couldn't ask for anyone better to lead Jive through this transition."
- "Over the last two years I've watched Jive become the market leader and the company everyone watches in Social Business Software," said Tony Zingale, CEO, Jive Software. "My message to the Jive community is 'get ready' – we came out of the gate strong this year, and there's more to come. I'm thrilled to be working more closely with the Jive team as we invest aggressively across the company to extend our #1 position and bring the power of Social Business Software to customers around the world."
- "We're thrilled to have more of Tony's time in combination with Dave's ongoing guidance," said Matt Tucker, co-founder and CTO of Jive. "On behalf of Jive's co-founder Bill Lynch and all Jivers, we thank Dave for his contributions over the last eight and a half years. Dave's leadership helped us achieve phenomenal growth and customer success as we navigated from our early days in New York to expanding the team, creating the Social Business Software category and overtaking competitors in the most difficult economic period in decades. Dave's passion and commitment for this company is a model for all of us, and it's fantastic that he'll continue to be a part of Jive."
Additional Company News
- In 2009 Jive continued its rapid momentum, increasing full year revenue 85% over 2008. That momentum is continuing in 2010, with strong demand for Jive's Social Business Software solutions across all markets. As a result, Jive is accelerating hiring and beginning the build-out of an additional floor of the iconic Federal Reserve building in downtown Portland that serves as the company's global headquarters. This expansion will also provide additional customer and partner meeting facilities.
- Jive has fully integrated the acquisition of Boulder, CO-based Filtrbox into the company and is recruiting additional talent to accelerate the development of solutions that leverage the Filtrbox technology. To accommodate this growth, Jive has signed a lease for a significantly larger office in Boulder's Pearl Street District. This will also enable Jive to tap into the burgeoning technology talent market in Boulder for other positions in the company.
- Jive recently announced that JiveWorld, the SBS industry's largest community conference, will be held September 14-16, 2010 in San Francisco. Based on last year's sold out program and participant feedback, JiveWorld10 will feature a longer program and greater capacity to accommodate the growing Jive community.
- Tony Zingale's JiveTalks Blog – "Exciting Time for Jive"
- Dave Hersh's JiveTalks Blog – "My Transition"
- Matt Tucker's JiveTalks Blog – "Thank You Dave"
- Link to JiveWorld pre-reg site
- Jive Software Website
About Jive Software
"How can we work better together and connect with customers in a more authentic way?" Every day millions of people experience the answer: Jive Social Business Software (SBS), which is driving the biggest change to business practices in decades. Jive SBS takes all the great things people love about social networking software, collaboration software, and community software and makes those work for business. That's why many of the brands that drive the global economy – including Cisco, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Intel, NIKE Inc., SAP, Swiss Re, T-Mobile and Yum! Brands – and thousands of other companies all Jive. Jive is number one in Social Business Software, with the most extensive solution, the largest implementations, and unmatched expertise in delivering value.
SOURCE Jive Software