SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Millions of children head back to school this month, leaving their parents extra time and energy to begin to rebuild and recharge. After escaping the carpool lane, dash towards Massage Envy Spa, the pioneer and national leader of professional, convenient and affordable massage and spa services, to become a happier and healthier you. Put down your list of daily chores and discover these top five tips to help you de-stress just in time for back-to-school.
- Convert stress into energy. Always on the run? Take the time to focus on your health by working out. The American Psychological Association states that trying to engage in daily physical activity can relieve mental and physical tension. Try simple activities including walking, distance running, yoga, pilates, kickboxing and ballet barre.
- Breathe deeply. A recent article featured a report from the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine and mentions that breathing exercises, or even just taking a few deep breaths, can help reduce tension and relieve stress, thanks to an extra boost of oxygen. Schedule time at the beginning and end of your day to focus on your self-improvement.
- Eat healthy. The American Nutrition Association suggests making healthy choices throughout the day, which will help increase your productivity and lower your stress level. Select energy boosting fruits and vegetables such as arugula, coconut, bananas, kale, limes, cherries, pineapple and tomatoes.
- Get plenty of sleep. How much sleep do we really need? According to the National Sleep Foundation, everyone's magic number varies across ages and is especially impacted by lifestyle and health. End your day with natural sleeps aids such as chamomile tea, aromatherapy or gentle, slow music to ensure a restful night's sleep.
- Take a break. After dropping off the kids, schedule time for yourself to receive a massage. The American Massage Therapy Association® research shows that massage relieves stress, encourages relaxation, improves your posture and lowers your blood pressure. Massage Envy Spa's more than 1,000 locations offer customizable massage sessions that allow you to focus on specific areas helping you relax, re-align and rejuvenate. Members and guests can choose from a variety of massage techniques including Swedish, Trigger Point and Deep Tissue.
"With limited time available for ourselves throughout the year, especially as another school season begins, we want moms and dads to know that it is okay to take time for their overall wellness," says CG Funk, vice president of industry relations and product development for Massage Envy Spa. "We encourage our members and guests to take advantage of these tips to ensure they are on a path leading to a healthier lifestyle."
In addition to massages, Massage Envy Spa offers facials designed by Dr. Murad, the leader in skincare science. Members and guests can choose from four different Murad® Healthy Skin facials, including Environmental Shield® Vitamin C, Clarifying Enzyme Acne, Anti-Aging and Sensitive Skin.
Open seven days a week, each Massage Envy Spa offers convenient times and locations to fit any guest's needs. Visit Massage Envy Spa on Facebook or on Twitter. For more healthy living and wellness tips, visit Massage Envy's blog. Additional information, including a list of all locations, can be found at MassageEnvy.com.
About Massage Envy Spa
Massage Envy Spa, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a national franchisor, and through its franchised locations, is the leading provider of therapeutic massage in the United States. The national franchise is dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic massage and spa services to members and guests with busy lifestyles at convenient times and locations. Founded in 2002, Massage Envy Spa has more than 1,000 franchise locations in 49 states and over 1.5 million members. In addition, the average unit volume for a franchise location is $1.35 million. Through its national partnership with the Arthritis Foundation, Massage Envy Spa has raised more than $2 million in three, one-day Healing Hands for Arthritis events. The company was recently ranked #1 Best Franchise with an initial investment of $500,001 and up by Forbes, #88 in Franchise Time's Top 200, #54 in Entrepreneur's 2014 Franchise 500 and #24 in its Fastest Growing Franchise rankings. Massage Envy Spa is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and was named a 2013 Military Friendly Franchise. For more information, visit MassageEnvy.com.
SOURCE Massage Envy Spa