SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Communication drives moments, and moments matter. We experience something bold, it jolts us to action, leaves a measured impact, ignites a collective memory, triggers action, or empowers the afraid. These are the moments that punctuated 2017. These are the moments that changed the way we think or inspired us to act.
Today, Decker Communications Inc., the leading business communication training, coaching and consulting firm, announced the Top 10 Communications Moments of 2017, along with the "So What?" – the communication lessons each of us can apply immediately.
"When it comes to communicating, there is no on-off switch. From informal conversations and tweets to high-stakes interviews and speeches, we are constantly communicating – hoping that we are heard and remembered," said Ben Decker, CEO of Decker Communications and co-author of Communicate to Influence: How to Inspire Your Audience to Action (McGraw-Hill, 2015). "Each of the top communications moments of 2017 demonstrates a unique and critical lesson that we can apply immediately to be more effective at communicating with our colleagues, our customers, and even at home with our kids," Decker added.
Decker Communications provides communication strategies, training and actionable insights to C-suite executives and their teams at Fortune 500 companies, leading non-profits and startups. The firm is headquartered in San Francisco, with an office New York and clients all across the globe.
Most of their teachings, however, are relevant and applicable to a wider audience. "We identify the top ten moments of the year to illustrate and identify how each of us can be more memorable and influential," Decker added.
So, which communication moments stood out in 2017? And what can we learn from them?
Here are the Top 10 Communication Moments of 2017:
- The Power of Many: The #MeToo Moment, October 2017
- The Power of One: JJ Watt's Appeal for Hurricane Help, August 27, 2017
- Remembrance vs. Reverence: Monumental Differentiation of History from New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu, May 19, 2017
- Raise Your Glass: Pink's VMA Video Vanguard Acceptance Speech, August 27, 2017
- A Whole New Medium: President Trump's First Tweet in Office, January 20, 2017
- Going to the Next Level: Jimmy Kimmel's Personal Story and Plea, May 1, 2017
- Championing Humble Confidence: Another Grand Slam Victory for Serena Williams, January 28, 2017
- Life Happens: Professor Robert Kelly Interrupted Live on BBC, March 10, 2017
- A Legacy of Likability: Eunice's Kennedy Shriver's Son Accepts Her Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYs, July 12, 2017
- Adding to the Mess: United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz Makes a Bad Situation Worse, April 11, 2017
To learn more communication lessons and see clips of the Top 10 Communication Moments of 2017, please visit http://decker.com/blog.
About Decker Communications:
Decker Communications consults and trains businesses in communications – both in what they say and how they say it. Since 1979 Decker has worked with thousands of leaders in Fortune 500 companies. Decker is the leading expert in business communications, creating focus and confidence to help leaders communicate vision, motivate action or close the deal. For more information, visit http://decker.com or call 415.543.8100.
Media Contact: Ross Kleinberg
SOURCE Decker Communications