LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CES 2013, LVCC Central Hall Booth #10926 –Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its full line-up of 2013 HDTVs as well as new PCs on display at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show. Highlights include an UltraHD TV, new premium LED TVs with Cloud TV functionality, an all-new line of Media Box and Universal Disc Players along with a new Satellite® touchscreen Ultrabook™.
"Toshiba's 2013 line-up of premium HD TVs not only feature a stunning, new unified design, but include powerful cloud-based technology that takes the complexity out of finding and watching content no matter where it is, while also offering consumers a smarter connected experience," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Paired with our latest tablets, laptops and All-in-Ones, consumers can finally enjoy the benefits of the digital, connected home."
Premium LED TVs with Advanced Cloud TV
Toshiba's 2013 line of premium LED TVs offer powerful, new Cloud TV functionality that provides a better, smarter connected experience. Cloud TV offers easier content discovery and acquisition, including news content; better mobile device interactivity; practical social interaction features, server-based upgradability and more. Some of the key initial services include Family Calendar, Messaging, News, MediaShare and MediaGuide, plus built-in wireless sharing with Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) and Miracast™. All feature 1080p full HD resolution and include a suite of technologies that enhance picture quality.
The AdvancedCloud TV functionality will be included on the following LED TVs:
- L7350 Series 3D TVs will be available in 58- and 65-inch class screen sizes
- L7300 Series 2D TVs will be available in 50-, 58- and 65-inch class screen sizes
- L4300 Series 2D TVs will be available in 32-, 39- and 50-inch class screen sizes
Featuring four times the resolution of today's 1080p HDTVs, the all-new Toshiba L9300 Series UltraHD LED TVs deliver the ultimate viewing experience for movies, TV and games. Powered by Toshiba's CEVO 4K Quad+Dual Core Processor, the TVs provide the highest quality resolution restoration, color gamut and surface brilliance enhancements that bring images to life like never before and enable powerful UltraHD upscaling and 2D-to-3D conversion. The L9300 Series will be available in 58-, 65- and 84-inch class screen sizes.
Affordable Yet Stylish LED TVs
Toshiba's 2013 line also includes several affordable LED TVs. The new L2300 Series – available in 23-, 32-, 39- and 50-inch class screen sizes – features a Gun Metallic Satin Deco and base. The new L1350 Series will be available in 23-, 29-, 32-, 39- and 50-inch screen sizes.
and Universal Disc Player
The all-new Toshiba Media Box and Universal Disc Player line combines the power of a smart Blu-ray Disc™ player with the versatility of a media streaming device in a sleek form factor that matches Toshiba's 2013 TVs.
PCs on Display
Toshiba's booth at CES will also showcase its latest laptops, Ultrabooks and All-in-One PCs.
- Satellite U925t: The Ultrabook Convertible combines the performance and form factor of an Ultrabook with the ease-of-use of a tablet and is ideal for on-the-go consumers and professionals. The device can be used in two modes: as a tablet or as an Ultrabook made possible by its unique sliding hinge.
- Satellite U 8 45t: An all-new Ultrabook with a 14-inch diagonal display designed with touch for everyday productivity and entertainment.
- Satellite U845W: The first Ultrabook to feature a 14.4-inch diagonal ultrawide-HD display with a cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio. The widescreen display provides an approximately 30 percent greater view of tiles on the Windows 8 Start Screen and is also ideal for snapping Windows 8 apps to the classic desktop interface.
- Qosmio® X875: For gamers and media creators who want an affordable, enthusiast-class laptop, the Qosmio X875 laptop features an optional 1TB hybrid hard drive.
- Satellite P-Series: Powerful, portable and equipped to entertain, the Satellite P-Series are the perfect laptops for media enthusiasts and power users. Featuring Harman Kardon® speakers and unique Toshiba conveniences such as USB Sleep & Charge and Sleep & Music. Encased in sleek, stylish aluminum in Prestige Silver, the Satellite P-Series is available with a 15.6- and 17.3-inch diagonal display or a 14-inch touchscreen display.
- Satellite S-Series: The Satellite S-Series offers high performance and design for superior multitasking, HD entertainment and creativity. Encased in brushed aluminum in Ice Blue, the Satellite S-Series is available in 15.6- and 17.3-inch diagonal screen sizes.
- Satellite L-Series: For those looking for a versatile PC offering great style and performance, the Satellite L-Series is a great choice. The Satellite L-Series is available in 15.6- and 17.3-inch diagonal screen sizes.
- Satellite C-Series: Ideal for the budget-minded consumer looking for a great value, the Satellite C-Series offers all the essentials to tackle everyday tasks. The Satellite C-Series is available in 15.6- and 17.3-inch diagonal screen sizes.
- All-in-One PCs: Toshiba's 21.5-inch LX815 and 23-inch LX835 All-in-One Desktop PCs deliver high performance for effective multitasking and HD entertainment, style and affordable pricing.
Pricing and Availability
Toshiba's Ultra HD TVs, 2013 HDTVs and Media Box & Universal Disc Players are scheduled to begin shipping from March 2013 onward.
The new Satellite and Qosmio laptops as well as the All-in-One PCs are scheduled to begin shipping in February 2013.
Image Gallery: www.toshibapresscenter.com
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS)
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is comprised of three business units: Digital Products Division, Imaging Systems Division, and Telecommunication Systems Division. Together, these divisions provide digital products, services and solutions, including industry-leading portable computers; televisions, TV/DVD Combination products, Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD products, and portable devices; imaging products for the security, medical and manufacturing markets; storage products for computers; and IP business telephone systems with unified communications, collaboration and mobility applications. TAIS provides sales, marketing and services for its wide range of products in the United States and Latin America. TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information on TAIS visit us.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Corporation
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 550 consolidated companies, with 202,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 6.1 trillion yen (US$74 billion). Visit Toshiba's web site at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
© 2013 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including without limitation product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
 Services available through the Cloud may be changed or removed at any time. Some services provided through the Cloud may not be available outside of the United States and may not be available to you.
 Intel® Wireless Display. Copy protection technology, if any, associated with the content may prevent or limit viewing of content.
 To display content from one device to another directly requires that both devices are certified for Miracast.
 2D to 3D Conversion. 3D effect and image quality may vary depending upon content quality and display device capability/functionality/settings. The 3D effect function is activated and controlled by you for your personal enjoyment of 2D home video in 3D according to your personal preference. It is not intended for unauthorized use of copyrighted works. To the extent you need to obtain permission from a right holder to view copyrighted works, it is your responsibility to obtain such permission.
 Because "4K" is a new format that makes use of new technologies, certain compatibility and/or performance issues are possible. Currently, no "4K" video content or standards, including, but not limited to, broadcasting or streaming, exists for "4K" televisions in general. This TV may not be compatible with such content and/or standards, if and when developed. Certain HDMI formats or still images exceeding "4K" resolution may not be supported. This may require purchase of additional external hardware. Toshiba makes no representation or warranties about any future "4K" content, standards or services.
 Display. Any small bright dots that may appear on your display are an intrinsic characteristic of the thin film transistors manufacturing technology. See Display Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
 Hard Disk Drive Capacity. Hard drive capacity may vary. 1 Gigabyte (GB) means 109 = 1,000,000,000 bytes using powers of 10. See Hard Disk Drive Capacity Legal Footnote at www.info.toshiba.com
 The "USB Sleep & Charge function" may not work with certain external devices even if they are compliant with the USB specification. In those cases, turn the power of the computer ON to charge the device.
 Toshiba Sleep & Music. In this mode, the headphone jack and mute functions are disabled. The volume and sound quality will diminish as the speakers not tuned in Windows® mode. Use the volume control on your audio device to adjust sound. Audio line-in cable is not included.
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.