IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced that its Hybrid Cloud and On-premise VoIP Networking Solution has won a 2015 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award from TMC, a global, integrated media company.
"We are honored to receive a 2015 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award for our Hybrid Cloud and On-premise Networking Solution," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division.
Danny Simmons, PC and Equipment specialist for Dixie Plywood and Lumber Company, said, "Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud Telephony solution connects our business telephone solutions together so our employees can communicate more effectively with our customers, dealers and each other."
"With Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud Solution, our employees can communicate using a variety of devices, including their own mobile phones and tablets," added Bobby Awtrey, corporate director of IT Services for Dixie Plywood and Lumber Company.
See the Dixie Plywood and Lumber Company success story here.
Toshiba's Hybrid Cloud and On-premise Networking Solution Delivers Integration
Toshiba's new hybrid on-premise and cloud solution delivers networking support among its on-premises IPedge® and Strata® CIX business telephone systems and VIPedge® cloud-based business telephone solution. Networking together on-premise and cloud systems provides users with a robust hybrid business communication solution that helps users expand features and reduce costs while utilizing the deployment platforms of their choice.
- Reduced costs — With networking among Toshiba's on-premise and cloud platforms, Toshiba's users gain a robust solution that helps them reduce costs while enabling internal calling and advanced call processing features across their locations.
- Single Vendor Solution — Toshiba delivers a comprehensive single-vendor telephone, application, and SIP trunk solution for equipment and services across on-premise and cloud.
- Feature Transparency — Toshiba's hybrid solution provides feature transparency and networked applications and minimizes interoperability issues that can occur when using a mix of equipment from different vendors and service providers.
- Ability to Easily Add New Users and Locations — Existing users of Toshiba's IPedge and Strata CIX systems can easily network with Toshiba's VIPedge to add new users and locations with minimum upfront capital expense.
- Easy Upgrades with Minimum Costs — Toshiba delivers the ability for its installed base of Strata CTX and CIX users to upgrade processors and firmware as required and network to VIPedge to add new users and locations with minimum upfront capital expense.
- Direct Dialing — Toshiba's internal dialing enables direct-extension dialing across the network.
- Mobility — Toshiba's UCedge® client brings unified communications to Windows® PCs and Mac® OS X® computers and Android™ and iOS® smartphones and tablets. UCedge works on Toshiba's VIPedge and IPedge phone systems as well as Strata CIX systems with an IPedge Application Server.
- Advanced Call Processing — Toshiba delivers feature transparency, leveraging the same Toshiba IP networking across on-premise-based Strata CIX and IPedge and cloud-based VIPedge business telephone solutions.
- Free Local and Long Distance Calling with Toshiba's SIP Trunking I-VoIP — When combined with Toshiba's SIP Trunking I-VoIP Service (SIP Trunking) for IPedge and Strata CIX, users are able to make free local and long distance calls among all their sites throughout the 48 continental states, regardless of the locations of Toshiba's on-premise or cloud-based business telephone solutions.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, IoT Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: 2015 Connecticut Mobile Summit; Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; Drone Zone 360; IoT Evolution Conference & Expo; IoT Evolution Developers Conference; IoT Evolution Fog, Analytics & Data Conference; IoT Evolution Connected Transportation Conference; IoT Evolution Connected Home & Building Conference; MSP Expo; NFV Expo; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo featuring Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo; and more.
For more information about TMC, visit www.tmcnet.com.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the five business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For additional information, or to purchase Toshiba telecommunication products, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com for an Authorized Toshiba Dealer.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2015 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
203-852-6800, ext. 287
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division