IRVINE, Calif., May 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division (Toshiba — www.telecom.toshiba.com) today announced a new leasing program for its VIPedge® cloud-based business unified communications telephone solution. VIPedge gives users enterprise-quality telephony in the cloud. With zero upfront costs, VIPedge leasing delivers an affordable path to the cloud and is now available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide.
"With Toshiba's VIPedge leasing program, companies can lease their telephone equipment and pay for their cloud telephony services in one affordable monthly payment," said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. "Leasing avoids capital expenditures, making the telephone solution an operating expense."
A single-vendor solution from Toshiba, a trusted manufacturer in telecommunications for more than 30 years, VIPedge leasing combines the costs into a single monthly payment, covering the cloud-based telephone system, on-site equipment, installation, and ongoing software updates, as well as local and long distance service.
Financial benefits of VIPedge include:
- Zero upfront cost for equipment and installation with a choice of 24, 36 and 60-month lease options;
- Ability to reduce capital expenditures since telephony becomes an operating expense;
- Fixed monthly costs so companies can budget for their exact costs;
- Software upgrades that are included, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No obsolescence since VIPedge is always kept up-to-date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to increase or delete users or applications as needed;
- Optional international calling plans;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, automatically included via the cloud.
Migration Benefits of VIPedge include:
- Flexibility for companies to change or migrate cloud services as their businesses grow and change;
- Easy migration to or from Toshiba's IPedge® on-site system; and
- Easy expansion to a Hybrid Cloud Solution with VIPedge networked with Toshiba's on-site solutions IPedge and Strata® CIX.
Unified Communications and Telephony Features include:
- Work from virtually anywhere using personal or business mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets, as a business phone extension.
- Enable easier connections with one-number reach, in or out of the office or out of the country.
- Protect mobile number privacy by displaying only the office phone number in caller ID.
- Manage office voice mails easily and quickly with a visual interface on a mobile device.
- Place long-distance and international calls to contacts from a cell phone at landline rates.
- Stay in touch while traveling internationally.
- Get more done with instant messaging (IM) with colleagues who are busy or on the phone.
- See the status of UCedge® colleagues or Microsoft® Lync® Server users before calling them.
- Rapidly find contacts in a list synchronized with the office phone system and user-provided avatars.
- Utilize enterprise-quality telephone features, including placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone as well as pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night mode.
About Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Telecommunication Systems Division (TSD)
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division is one of the four business units of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (TAIS) and offers business communication solutions for SMB enterprises and enterprises with multi-site or regional locations. Toshiba's VIPedge cloud-based business telephone solution supports up to 500 users, and the IPedge and Strata CIX systems support from 8 to 1,000 users and offer Voice over IP, voice mail and unified messaging, conferencing and collaboration, unified communications applications, networking, mobility and more. Together with Toshiba's PCs, tablets, copiers, and surveillance video cameras/recorders, Toshiba's Telecommunication Systems Division helps enterprises maximize business efficiency in communications and mobility. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., TAIS is an independent operating company owned by Toshiba America, Inc., a subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation. For more information, visit www.Telecom.Toshiba.com.
Toshiba Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, channels world-class capabilities in advanced electronic and electrical product and systems into five strategic business domains: Energy & Infrastructure, Community Solutions, Healthcare Systems & Services, Electronic Devices & Components, and Lifestyles Products & Services. Guided by the principles of The Basic Commitment of the Toshiba Group, "Committed to People, Committed to the Future", Toshiba promotes global operations towards securing "Growth Through Creativity and Innovation", and is contributing to the achievement of a world in which people everywhere live in safe, secure and comfortable society. Founded in Tokyo in 1875, today's Toshiba is at the heart of a global network of over 590 consolidated companies employing over 200,000 people worldwide, with annual sales surpassing 6.5 trillion yen (US$63 billion). To find out more about Toshiba, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.
For additional information, or to purchase Toshiba telecommunication products, visit http://www.telecom.toshiba.com for an Authorized Toshiba Dealer.
To subscribe to the Toshiba Telecom Blog, visit http://blog.telecom.toshiba.com/.
Follow us on Facebook (ToshibaPhoneSystems), Twitter (toshibaphonesys) and LinkedIn (Toshiba-telecommunication-systems-division).
© 2015 Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. All product, service and company names are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Information including, without limitation, product prices, specifications, availability, content of services, and contact information is subject to change without notice.
Toshiba PR Contact:
Teri Sawyer, T&Co.
SOURCE Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division