IRVINE, Calif., April 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Trace3, a pioneer in business transformation solutions, today announced the 2017 finalists for its annual Outlier Award. The winner will be announced at EVOLVE, the company's annual leadership and technology conference which will take place May 17 – 19 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
The Outlier Award honors exceptional individuals who consistently deliver dynamic innovation and outstanding leadership in the field of information technology. By carefully managing risk and utilizing their own ingenuity, these visionaries deviate from the norm to solve challenging problems at the intersection of business and technology.
Last year, Trace3 honored Bill Schlough, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer of the San Francisco Giants, for his work transforming the way technology is deployed in the sports industry. Schlough put in place a technology infrastructure to enhance the fan experience, and many of his advances are now pervasive throughout Major League Baseball. This includes free, high-performance Wi-Fi; developing and launching engaging mobile apps; and systems to support electronic ticket transfers. Under Schlough's leadership, the Giants have turned IT from a cost center into a strategic enabler for the business.
"Being selected as the Trace3 2016 Outlier of the Year ranks as one of the most significant achievements of my career," said Schlough. "I have the utmost respect for the accomplished IT leaders who have preceded me (Frank Palase, Chris Laping & Tony Coba) along with my fellow 2016 finalists. To be named Outlier of the Year by an esteemed panel of IT luminaries is an honor that I am proud to share with my Giants teammates who have earned this award through their steadfast commitment to enriching our community through innovation and excellence, on and off the field."
The Outlier Award is held the last night of the Evolve Conference. This show-stopping gala recognizes the achievements of the Outlier Finalists and celebrates corporate innovation in a breathtaking style.
2017 Outlier Award Finalists
- Michael Josephs, Chief Information Officer and Chief Transformation Officer, American Advisors Group
- Charlotte Field, Senior Vice President – Application Platform Operations, Network Operations of Charter Communications
- Wes North, Senior Director of Technology, Cornerstone OnDemand
- Ron Fuschillo- Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Renown Health
- Dr. Marc Chasin, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, St. Luke's Health System
- Steve Phillpott, Chief Information Officer, Western Digital
2017 Outlier Award Judges
- Glenn Trattner, AVP Technology, AT&T/DIRECTV
- Barton Warner, VP of IT, Cap Group
- Darren Haas, VP of Cloud engineering, GE
- William Miller, SVP and CIO, Netapp
- Mike Steele, SVP, PIMCO
- Bill Schlough, CIO, San Francisco Giants
The Outlier Award after party at Drai's Nightclub will also feature a special appearance by the legendary, King of the Ring, Hall-of-Famer "Iron Mike" Tyson.
About the Trace3 Outlier Award
The Trace3 Outlier Award is an exclusive honor, awarded annually to one individual from a select group of finalists. Past Outlier Award winners have demonstrated the following common attributes in their careers and in their approach to information technology challenges:
- They understand the industry and business goals of their company as well as the technology and how that technology applies to the business
- They deliver creative, out-of-the-box technology solutions
- They build the trust of business leaders in their company by being both transparent and collaborative
- They understand precisely how technology is going to deliver against their company's business goal
- They are skilled in building the right team, stimulating open team communication, and providing team leadership for consistent, positive results
For information about the 2017 Trace3 Outlier Awards, plus photos and video statements from the finalists, please click here: http://outlier.trace3.com.
As a fully integrated Transformative IT Authority, Trace3 is the premier provider of IT solutions and consultation services. Through elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower executives and organizations to keep pace within the IT/corporate landscape through the transformative power of IT. Please visit our website at www.Trace3.com.