DOWNERS GROVE, Ill., July 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Information technology (IT) professionals have the opportunity to sharpen their technical skills during the Track4Techs at CompTIA ChannelCon 2015, the premier training and partnering event for the IT channel produced annually by CompTIA, the IT industry trade association.
This is the second straight year that CompTIA ChannelCon has featured educational programming created specifically for the IT pro community. This year's conference – "Minds in Motion" – is set for Aug. 3-5 in Chicago.
"The inaugural Track4Techs program year proved to be among the most well attended and highly rated sessions, so we're bringing it back to ChannelCon 2015," said Kelly Ricker, senior vice president, events and education, CompTIA. "It's a program and a setting that's unique within the IT channel – where IT pros come together for leading edge education, a chance to network with their peers and to gain insights into the latest technologies and trends impacting their jobs."
Some of those insights will come from CompTIA's latest industry research report, Building Digital Organizations.
"Significant changes are occurring in organizations as they assess their technology needs, determine how to fill them and implement and integrate the solutions they decide upon," said Seth Robinson, senior director, technology analysis, CompTIA. "The role of IT is still high valued, but that role is evolving, particularly when it comes to applying technology solutions to the organization's business goals."
Track4Techs begins on Tuesday, Aug. 4 with the following sessions:
- Refrigerators Telling Secrets: How the Internet of Things Will Change Privacy, presented by Tim Hahn, distinguished engineer, IBM, 10:45 a.m.
- Building the Next Generation of Help Desk Support, presented by James Stanger, senior director, product management, CompTIA, 1:30 p.m.
- What's this Open Source Thing All About?, presented by Margaret Dawson, chief marketing officer, 2:45 p.m.
Track4Techs continues on Wednesday, Aug. 5, with these sessions:
- Putting Together the Pieces of a Mobility Solution, panelists Reid Estreicher, Samsung and Jillian Offutt, Solstice MobileTrack4Techs; moderator Carolyn April, senior director, industry analysis, CompTIA, 9:30 a.m.
- How Cloud Storage Makes Life Harder and Simpler At The Same Time, 10:45 a.m.
- A Seven Step Plan for Making Sure Your Network Can Handle Big Data, 2:15 p.m.
- Securing Datacenters as the World Goes Webscale, presented by Aaron Hackney, Rackspace, 3:30 p.m.
CompTIA certified professionals who participate in the Track4Techs program can earn continuing education unit (CEU) credits toward renewal of their CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Storage+ and CASP certifications.
More information on the complete CompTIA ChannelCon 2015 program, including keynotes, panels and educational sessions, is included in the event agenda, is available here.
Registration for CompTIA ChannelCon and the ChannelCon Vendor Summit is open and available online. Media and IT industry analysts are encouraged to attend the conference. Highlights from CompTIA ChannelCon will be available on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #ChannelCon15.