CHICAGO, Dec. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- By popular demand, The Executives' Club of Chicago is proud to present Women in STEM 3.0, a continuation from the 2013 and 2014 discussions.
Although more than half of the U.S. population is female, 84% of STEM jobs in the U.S. today are held by men. While more women graduate from four-year colleges, the number of women earning STEM degrees has decreased in the last decade, with some fields seeing lower engagement rates than others. Women in under-represented populations, such as African Americans and Hispanics, fare even worse in STEM compared to the mainstream population. On December 15 a distinguished panel will address this dilemma.
These accomplished scientists and business executives will also share how they have leveraged their backgrounds in STEM to make groundbreaking advancements in their fields and contribute measurable value to their organizations.
To support Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in the next generation, The Club welcomes attendees to register a young adult as a guest for this program at a special rate.
- Women's Leadership Breakfast: Tuesday, December 15, 2015
"Women in STEM 3.0: The New STEM Dilemma"
Hilton Chicago, 720 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60605
Registration and Networking: 7:15 a.m.; Breakfast: 8:00 - 9:15 a.m.
- Maria Velissariou, PepsiCo - Vice President, Global Grains and Convergence Platforms
- Angela Olinto, University of Chicago - Chair, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics and Professor, the Enrico Fermi Institute
- Rebecca Liebert, Honeywell UOP - Senior Vice President and General Manager Catalysts, Adsorbents & Specialties
- Andrea Dunaif, Northwestern University - Professor of Endocrinology & Metabolism, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Adela Cepeda, President, A.C. Advisory, Inc.
Gold Series Sponsors: Merrill Lynch, NiSource
Gold Sponsor: United Airlines
Media Sponsors: Hispanic Executive, WBEZ 91.5
About The Executives' Club of Chicago:
The Executives' Club is Chicago's premier membership and business forum. For more information on The Club, visit www.ExecutivesClub.org.
SOURCE The Executives' Club of Chicago