NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- TransPerfect, the world's largest privately held provider of language and technology solutions for global business, today announced its 2015 revenue total of over $505 million, putting the company atop the half billion dollar revenue mark for the first time in its history.
This is TransPerfect's 23rd consecutive year of growth, with revenues increasing every year since the company's 1992 founding. Also noteworthy is that the $34 million annual revenue increase from 2014 to 2015 was 100% organic, with no mergers or acquisitions factoring into the final number.
Significant gains were made across many of the company's key regions and solutions groups, including:
- Latin America Sales – Up 30%
- Enterprise Technology and Software – Up 34%
- Media/Voiceover/Subtitling – Up 41%
- Over the Phone and Video Remote Interpretation – Up 42%
- E-Clinical Software for Life Sciences – Up 104%
- Deposition Services and Court Reporting – Up 34%
- Conference Services – Up 20%
In addition to strong revenue growth, TransPerfect also reported a number of other positive new developments:
- Added 580 new GlobalLink technology clients – GlobalLink is TransPerfect's suite of translation management and website localization technology solutions
- Hired over 800 new full-time employees across our 90+ offices
- Opened new offices in Taipei and Helsinki
- Donated to charitable causes like Red Cross, UNICEF, UNHCR, the V Foundation for Cancer Research, the American Heart Association, and Toys for Tots
TransPerfect Co-CEO Liz Elting said, "Sitting in a dorm room over two decades ago, my goal was to build and lead the world's premier language services provider. So many dedicated, loyal, and talented people have contributed to our growth and to reaching the half billion dollar mark, and I'm eagerly looking forward to continuing our efforts to be the partner and employer of choice in our industry in 2016 and beyond."
Co-CEO Phil Shawe added, "The devotion and drive of our employees continues to amaze and humble me. Every time I think I've seen our best work, the team comes together and raises the bar even higher. With this kind of spirit and commitment, I'm not sure that there's anything that can stop us."
The company's plans for 2016 include continuing to develop and release new technology solutions, establishing and growing specialized industry teams, increasing overall headcount, and opening new offices both in the US and internationally.
With annual revenues of more than $500 million, TransPerfect is the world's largest privately held provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. More than 3,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect's GlobalLink® Product Suite to simplify management of multilingual content. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and EN 15038 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit our website at www.transperfect.com.