NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- TransPerfect, the world's largest provider of translation-related technology and services, today announced that 2018 revenues increased nearly 15% to $705 million. The results eclipsed 2017 top-line revenue of $615 million, which marked the first year the company ascended to the top ranking within its industry.
2018 also marked the 26th consecutive year of TransPerfect's growth, which has included 104 uninterrupted quarters of profitable growth. The company sustained its record-setting pace throughout 2018, finishing Q4 with the largest three-month revenue result in its history.
TransPerfect derived its record-setting results from multiple divisions, practice groups, and geographic regions. Highlights include:
- GlobalLink Technology Revenue (Including Project Director, OneLink, and TransPort) – Up 21%
- Trial Interactive E-Clinical Technology and Services – Up 45%
- Retail/E-Commerce Group – Up 28%
- Travel Solutions – Up 27%
- Digital Services (Including SEO and Search Engine Marketing) – Up 43%
- Patent Translation and Filing – Up 30%
- E-Discovery Services and Technology – Up 26%
- Forensic Technology and Consulting – Up 94%
- Managed Document Review and Legal Staffing – Up 29%
- Nordic Region – Up 46%
- Latin America Region – Up 58%
- Asia-Pacific Region – Up 32%
While reaching these record results, TransPerfect also completed several key strategic acquisitions, including Shenzhen-based TranslateNow (bolstering the company's reach in China), artificial intelligence specialist Tauyou based in Barcelona, and Berlin mobile/gaming localization technology shop Applanga. Technology solutions from Tauyou and Applanga are expected to be integrated into TransPerfect's GlobalLink technology stack in the first half of 2019.
Other 2018 highlights included:
- Securing a litigation victory that ensured the company's existing business model, management team, and location of employee jobs would remain intact for the foreseeable future.
- Creating 240 new, full-time jobs worldwide, raising the company's total employee count to over 5,000.
- Adding over 400 new GlobalLink technology clients.
- Releasing TransCEND 11 – a secure, web-based document collaboration platform.
- Releasing CATALYST 2019 from Alchemy Software.
- Providing significant charitable contributions to various causes, including Girls Who Code, V Foundation for Cancer Research, AFANOC, Toys for Tots, and California Wildfire Relief.
TransPerfect President and CEO Phil Shawe said, "2018 was the most pivotal year in our company's history. I am extremely proud of the way our team rallied together to overcome adversity and meet every challenge placed before them to deliver a record-breaking performance." Shawe continued, "We expect to continue driving profitable growth in 2019 through a variety of strategic initiatives, including the release of new technology products, increased investment in R&D, and the pursuit of M&A opportunities that complement our existing core business."
TransPerfect is the world's largest provider of language services and technology solutions for global business. From offices in over 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. More than 4,000 global organizations employ TransPerfect's GlobalLink® Product Suite to simplify management of multilingual content. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit our website at www.transperfect.com.