MCLEAN, Va., June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When given a choice, Americans would choose an international destination as their next vacation according to a recent survey of new Capital One Venture card customers. Of those surveyed, 56% said travel to a destination abroad would be their top choice and 49% would travel with family or to visit family. Thousands of new Venture cardholders responded to the recent survey which asked, "Where will your double miles take you and why?"
Among travel to destinations abroad, Europe (22%) led the way followed by the Caribbean (10%), Asia (6%), South America and Around the World (5% each), Mexico (4%) and Australia and Africa (2% each). Italy was the top European destination with 7% of the vote. Some travelers prefer to stay close to home with 44% selecting destinations within the United States with Hawaii the most popular spot garnering 11% of survey responses followed by Florida (8%), and California and Nevada (6% each).
Family travel was even more popular considering that in addition to the 49% of Venture customers who said they would travel with family or to visit family, 6% said they would travel for a special event such as a honeymoon, anniversary or birthday and 4% said they would travel to visit their children at college or use their double miles to have their children travel home from college. Also popular, 15% said they would use their double miles to travel with friends or to visit friends.
"It's great to see how many different places around the world Venture cardholders plan to travel," said Mike Wassmer, Executive Vice President of US Card at Capital One. "This underscores the value and flexibility of Venture miles – not only will these customers earn double miles on every purchase so they can take those trips faster, but they will also be able to redeem those miles for any trip to any destination at any time they want. After all, what's the point of earning miles if you can't use them when you want. In addition, if they are excited about international travel, they'll be pleased to know they won't have to pay the additional foreign exchange fees many other cards charge."
Consumers who apply for a Venture card can earn unlimited flexible miles along with the features of the card which include:
- Earn double miles on every purchase, every day
- The flexibility to fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or restrictions
- No foreign transaction fees – many others charge up to 3% or more when the cardholders use their card to make purchases outside the United States
- The ability to redeem awards anywhere even on their smartphones. Cardholders can also call Capital One or go online to reimburse the charge with their miles. The cost of the transaction is refunded on the next statement.
- 10,000 bonus miles when they open a new account
- No limitations on how many miles can be accumulated and no miles expirations
- Exclusive award-winning customer service
- Access to exclusive benefits, including preferred access to popular entertainment, sporting and dining events and special offers from leading hotels and retailers
To learn more about the Venture Card, visit www.capitaloneventure.com
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A. and Capital One Bank (USA), N. A., and ING Bank, fsb, had $216.5 billion in deposits and $294.5 billion in total assets outstanding as of March 31, 2012. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One and ING Direct offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Capital One, N.A. has approximately 1,000 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index.
SOURCE Capital One