SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The deal experts at Travel Ticker®, a leading inspirational travel website, today announced their top five picks for exotic spring break trips for the season. From Thailand to Portugal, these trip-of-a-lifetime package deals offer more rewarding experiences and fewer crowds than traditional spring break destinations. Travelers will love the convenience of having most of the tough planning done for them – hotel, air, meals, transfers, tours and activities are all included. And best of all, these deals will broaden horizons without breaking the bank.
"We're seeing some of the best international package deals in recent memory, and are urging consumers to explore exotic, memorable and affordable destinations this spring break," said Angela Lyda, Senior Editor of Travel Ticker. "It's a fantastic time to put some conversation-starting stamps in your passport and take that dream trip you've been waiting for."
Below is a list of Travel Ticker's top five picks for exotic spring break vacations. For a complete list of spring break deals currently available on Travel Ticker, visit www.travel-ticker.com/Theme/Spring_Break_Bargains.
- Spain/Portugal: 9-day trip w/hotel, tours, meals -- from $949 - Spain and Portugal for under a grand. We're sold. Spend 9 days exploring cities from Madrid to Lisbon for as little as $949. Your trip will include hotel stays, breakfast, three dinners, bus transportation, and tours. Travel March 4-October 21.
- Thailand: 9-day multi-city trip w/air + top hotels -- $1,049+* - 9 days in Southeast Asia, 1 low price. A trip to Thailand is now more affordable than ever. Get a flight, 4-star hotel stays, meals, and more with Virgin Vacations' 9-day package for as little as $1,049*. Valid for select departures, February 22-May 24.
- Luxury Italy trip: hotels in 3 cities, air, trains, tours, $1,889+* - 4-star hotel stays, 3 top Italian cities. And none of the stress in planning. Get your flights, 4-star stays in Venice, Florence, and Rome, tours, daily breakfast, and three dinners from $1,889*. Travel on select dates, April 3, 2011-March 25, 2012.
- $500 off U.S. Virgin Islands air + hotel packages, 7 nights, $681+* - Airfare alone is more than this deal. Delta Vacations is offering $500 off air + hotel packages to the U.S. Virgin Islands. Think St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John. A flight and a 7-night stay in St. Thomas starts at just $681*. Travel March 1-May 31.
- Brazil/Argentina: 10-day escorted trip with air + hotels, $2,149+* - South America sights without stress. This amazing 10-day trip includes flights, transfers, hotels, meals, tours, and more. See Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, and the famed Iguazu Falls from $2,149*. Valid for select departures, March 10-December 8.
*Prices are per person, based on availability, and do not include additional taxes and fees. Other restrictions may apply. Please see site for more details.
Travel Ticker is an online inspirational travel website that is home to some of the best insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations. With an ear to the ground and an eye for the unique, Travel Ticker's experts provide users with a platform to browse for researched travel bargains, the latest travel trends, and editorial insight. Established in 2006 as a travel newsletter and in 2008 as a standalone website, Travel Ticker boasts more than 11.5 million subscribers. Travel Ticker is an independent business unit of The Hotwire Group. For more information, visit us at http://www.travel-ticker.com/ and follow us on Twitter (@travel_ticker).
Travel Ticker, travel-ticker.com, and the Travel Ticker logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. CST# 2053390-40