MONT-TREMBLANT, QC, April 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ - Tremblant resonated to the tunes of the Ghost Town Blues Band at this Saturday's apres ski, when the 24th edition of the Tremblant International Blues Festival headliners were unveiled, featuring the Ghost Town Blues Band, Sugaray Rayford, The Commonheart, Curtis Salgado, C.J. Chenier & The Red Hot Louisiana Band, John Hammond, The Anthony Paule Soul Orchestra with Terrie Odabi & Frank Bey, Coco Montoya and Lulu Hughes. This July 7‒16, over 100 free performances will showcase emerging artists and acclaimed bluesmen alike from the four corners of the globe, in the pedestrian village's friendly, intimate setting.
"The Blues Festival is much more than a fans' get-together," says Anne-Marie Withenshaw, the event's spokesperson for the past three years. "It's an opportunity to take part in Tremblant resort's many activities and pair them with quality shows presented from morning till night, on fifteen stages offering up-close-and-personal moments with the artists. It's also about improvised street performances, passionate vocalists and musicians hosting interactive workshops, meet-ups with blues legends at the mini-putt or in a restaurant, a karaoke face-off mentored by Martin Deschamps, open keyboards, musical bicycles activated by festival-goers and so much more! And this year, you must not miss the July 12 show retelling the history of the blues."
Among the 2017 headliners:
Friday July 7 ‒ Festival Favourites Launch Festivities with Big Brass
- Ghost Town Blues Band ‒ 21st Century Rock Blues at its Best – 2016 TIBF Revelation
- Sugaray Rayford ‒ Unwind to Blues, Soul and R&B – 2015 TIBF People's Pick
Saturday July 8 ‒ Exclusive across Canada
Sunday July 9 ‒ Exclusive across Canada
C.J. Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band – Full Louisiana Blues
Thursday July 13 ‒ Exclusive across Canada
- John Hammond – Blues Folk Legend
- The Anthony Paule Soul Orchestra with Terrie Odabi & Frank Bey – Soul, Blues and R&B Orchestra
Friday July 14 ‒ Exclusive across Québec
Coco Montoya – Signature Southern U.S. Guitar and Rock Blues
Saturday July 15
Lulu Sings Janis – Lulu Hughes Sings Janis Joplin's Classic Rock Blues
A detailed 24th edition event programme is now available at: blues.tremblant.ca.
- Cigar-Box Guitar Workshop ‒ Hosted by Ghost Town Blues Band's Matt Isbell, Sunday July 9, 1:00 pm ‒ 2:30 pm at Espace Blues;
- Harmonica 101 ‒ Hosted by Gary Allegreto, July 16 at 1:00 pm, for 100 participants who join him again at 4:30 pm on Place St-Bernard stage;
- Musical Bikes ‒ Four stationary bikes mix cycling and music when pedalled by guests, in Cabriolet arrival area;
- Street Piano ‒ Passers-by slip into the spotlight at 10 surprise locations providing open keyboard;
- Ice Sculpting Under Sizzling Summer Skies ‒ Workshop for all hosted by pro sculptors, July 12, 3:00 pm ‒ 6:00 pm, on Place des Voyageurs;
- Espace Blues ‒ Where neophytes and dedicated fans meet up: open daily, 10:00 am ‒ 11:00 pm. Relaxed mood with non-stop DJ, entertainment, interactive workshops and gift shop carrying official Festival clothing, accessories and souvenirs.
Thank You to Our Partners
The 24th edition of the Tremblant International Blues Festival is presented in collaboration with Casino de Mont-Tremblant, with the support of Ville de Mont-Tremblant.
Tremblant is a top resort destination owing to the excellence of its guest experience both at the mountain, and in its pedestrian village. Its views of the Laurentians, the diversity of its four-season offer and its highly acclaimed major events – of which IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant, 24h of Tremblant, Wanderlust and the Tremblant International Blues Festival – have earned it an 8th position in 2016 North American Ski Resort rankings by Condé Nast Traveler readers, as well as a place among the World's 25 Best Ski Towns in 2014 by National Geographic, and the title of #1 Ski Resort in Eastern North America for an 19th year, by SKI Magazine readers. With your sweetheart, friends, family or group, Tremblant welcomes vacationers on direct flights from Toronto with Air Canada and Porter Airlines, to enjoy 1,900 lodging units fanned out across 13 hotel establishments, over 75 restaurants, boutiques and a Casino, all at nature's doorstep.
Download videos and photos of Festival headliners and lively Tremblant village.
SOURCE Tremblant Resort Association